Do you like your in-laws

Do you like your inlaws?
If not Why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on Oct. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i do NOT like my inlaws - MIL & FIL - because they smoke pot, they sell pot to their kids, they try and convince my SO that im wrong for wanting him to quit smokin pot, they tell him im wrong for trying to make him go to college because he will just owe money for loans. i ask them to wash their hands before they hold my 4 month old son and they dont. the mom is always trying to tell me im doing something wrong with him. and basically they are just a bunch of pothead losers and i hate them & to be honest with you, i wish i could make my SO hate them too so i never had to hear of them again. theres many more reasons but thats all i feel like writing right now lol
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 1:56 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I do not like my mother in-law but I do have to love her because she gave me my husband.

My mother in-law is always talking about me and the way I cook! She does not approve with the way I manage the kids/husband/job! Nothing pleases her. My father in-law is not so bad. This year I did learn how to cook just to get my mother in-law off my back (shout outs to www.athomecookinginstitute.com)! I am in charge of the holiday dinner LOL. I know i am going to pull it off just fine. My cooking has really drastically improved. I say this because I do not care what she says about the meal anymore. I am just bracing myself for her attitude problem. I am really wondering what she is going to say when the food taste better then hers (my husband’s words not mine) LOL. I hope she just learns to lay off this year.
    Anonymous

• Mine aren't bad, they could be worse. Dh's mom is a bit brash for my taste and his SFIL doesn't really ever say much, he mostly just fishes and hunts. My FIL, is almost a non-entity in my DH's life. I have a Brother in Law who is a year younger than our son and we have never seen him.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 2:03 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I love them. Very kind. But as you get older they become more needy , but such is life.We all have to learn how to deal with in-laws. No matter how perfect or nice.........
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 2:28 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Mother always said "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:33 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I love my MIL and FIL.  They have always treated me like one of their own.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 2:38 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• i looooove my SMIL and FIL...they are great, relaxed people who are always there for us...now my MIL...UGGGGGH!!! i really dont like her to be anywhere near me! and for PURPUL butterfly, i didnt have to make my DH hate is mom lol...he already does on his own and you have no idea how helpful that is when you got this woman trying to tell lies about you and doing background checks and telling her whole family that you had a baby when you just went in for a routine exam! && was 6 months preg. at that time!!! she is just a crazy lady! i am glad she lives in SC and we live in FL lol
    Anonymous

• my fil and his wife are the ones that i do not really enjoy seein, first off cause she told everyone when i was pregnant wit my oldest that i should get an abortion, and yet when i was in labor with him she was there she says to be there for my hubby and to make sure he looks like my husband, and now i am pregnant with our second child an i show up to their shop o hear my fil and mil tell their friends AND customers that i cheated on him and the baby is not his, but whenever i am around they are just as two faced as ever, as well as she blames me for her faults in her teenage daughter an calls me a bad influence, i am sorry but does "u need to listen to ur mom, talk to ur mom about it, stay out fo trouble and be good so u won't always be grounded " sound like a bad influence, yes i tell her daughter that everytime i talk to her she also tried to bribe my hubby into marryin a white girl instead of a hispanic, so yea!!
    waterlily89

Answer by waterlily89 at 3:59 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I dont have any. Sometimes i think it's great b/c everyone bitches about theirs. But I would have liked to know them. My DH parents died. His mom died when he was 20. And his dad died right after we were married. My dad died when i was 21. So my kids only have one grandparent. My mom.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 4:07 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I only have a MIL Fil died before I came into the pic. I love her! She lives in Calabria Italy and rarely visits! LOL When she does come it's difficult for me to understand her Italian dialect. She used to speak perfect english when she lived here in America now she speaks only hill billy Italian. It's frustrating to say the least. ALL my sis in laws are gossipy cunts and I dont care for them at all.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 5:06 PM on Oct. 3, 2009