Does this happen to you? Very big TMI

Me and my fiancé just broke up a week ago exactly. Ever since then, because I am depressed I assume, I poop every 5 minutes. I don't eat much. Me and my kids go on walks now to get our minds off it. I lost all my baby weight and then some. When you are stressed do you poop tons???? Did I lose the weight from the poop or not eating? Can I lose that much that fast? My insides feel like they are turning uncontrollably. I have had an ulcer before when I was younger after my dad died. Should I get it checked out to make sure I didn't get another one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:22 PM on Oct. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• Get some over the counter zantac, generic from Wal Mart is like 4 bucks, and yes, you can poop yourself silly when under a lot of stress. I used to drop 20 pounds in no time at all when life is too crazy. Try eating very small amount of food at a time, things that will be easy on your tummy and work on some stress management. If you dont start feeling better soon, maybe look into a little counseling for your stress. You have lost the wt for both reasons, but you also need to make sure you are staying hydrated if you are going to the bathroom that much. Hang in there Momma, it will get better and easier as time goes
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 2:26 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• definitely your nerves.
    Anonymous

• Yes, stress makes all that possible.
    Anonymous

• Absolutely. When DH and I were having problems and it looked like things were going to fall apart I had the runs for a month. Lost over 20 lbs. I looked great, but felt horrible.
    Anonymous

• At least I will look great for other guys haha.
    Anonymous

• Well, I know the BRAT diet for upset tummies. Bananas, rice, applesauce, toast.
    MonicaE521

Answer by MonicaE521 at 5:22 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Anytime I get upset it affects my stomach and my bowels.
    I think they call that a "nervous stomach" but if it doesn't stop soon, definetely see a dr and get something to keep you from getting dehydrated or creating a new ulcer.
    And if you notice any blood, don't wait to go... call immediately and tell the dr so you can get in and get it checked.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 5:33 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• My last bf and I broke up and I lost 25 lbs in 2 months. It was the stress and turmoil that did it.
    Anonymous

• Did you keep the weight off?
    Anonymous

• now my mom and SIL poop a lot when they are stessed...me i cant eat...i throw up...so it happens to different people....stress affects everyones body different.....that and when im stressed i smoke cause i get really anxious.....i hope it gets better
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 6:39 PM on Oct. 3, 2009