does anyone else have this problem

like when its like 3 am and your daughter or son will come in to the room and wake u up bc they had a dream and they what to tell u about it

williamswife522

Asked by williamswife522 at 2:31 PM on Oct. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• its prob just because they wake up feeling lonely/scared? I would get them a journal and every morning let them write or draw what their dream was about. Tell them that Mommy is asleep with her dreams and they need to be discussed in the morning when the sun comes up. get creative GL
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 2:34 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• i know she means well but i like to sleep
    williamswife522

Answer by williamswife522 at 2:44 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I am the same way. My dd is 2 and wakes me up EVERY night to go in her room. Its bad but i give in b/c im too tired to fight
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 2:47 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• like she come in and she will hit tell she wakes me or her dad up and then i wake all the way up
    williamswife522

Answer by williamswife522 at 2:49 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• give your child a notebook and a pen (maybe let them pick it out) tell them to write it down and go back to sleep and you will read it at breakfast. tell them if they wake you up in the middle of the night again and it's not an emergency (house on fire, an intruder, etc) then you will take away a privledge (t.v, computer, toys, whatever)
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 2:57 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• we have but she doesnt care about things like that
    williamswife522

Answer by williamswife522 at 2:59 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• My husband works the graveyard shift. My kids know when he is not going to be home at night. He worked 6 nights this week. 4 mornings I woke up with a little monster in my bed. When they knock on my door in the middle of the night, I just let them sleep with me. One night my 4yo woke me up at 4am to tell me she heard rain. She is terrified of bad weather at night. I just pulled back the covers and let her snuggle. I don't mind them sleeping with me sometimes because I know it won't last forever and I love to snuggle with them. But they know they can't do it every night. When we had a king size bed and DH was home at night, we have had both girls in bed with us. Now, if both girls wake up, one of us stays in bed with one and the other gets on the couch with the other girl. That doesn't happen very often, though. It's not a problem with DH either. He likes to snuggle with them, too.
    Leslie2164

Answer by Leslie2164 at 4:21 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I hope I will never turn away my children when they are scared. They don't want to be told to go write it down and I'll see you tomorrow. They want to be held and comforted. I hope I am never so tired that I can't be there for my children when they need me.
    Leslie2164

Answer by Leslie2164 at 4:50 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• When my kids were small, I used to tell them that I had a bottle of "Bad Dream Repellant". I took a spray bottle~like a plant mister, and filled it with water and a little bit of old perfume. Just enough so you can smell it, and I would spray it at the bottom of their closet, the door to their room, and at the foot of their beds. Worked very well for us! Best of luck!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 6:50 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• out of bedNo but they call to tell me. Funny thing is they expect me to remain awake and respond

Answer by admckenzie at 7:31 PM on Oct. 3, 2009