Much change to your body after baby #2?

I'm just curious if there will be more loose skin after the second baby. My son is two and so we're ready for another baby, but I wonder if my body can be like it is now after I have the second. Did baby #2 change your body a lot, or just a little?

pixiestix21

Asked by pixiestix21 at 2:40 PM on Oct. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Not really much of a difference after I actually lost the baby weight.
    Anonymous

• Thanks anonymous, that really makes me feel better. :)
    pixiestix21

Answer by pixiestix21 at 2:50 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I can give you two examples. My sister had 2 children and after the 2nd she was nothing but loose skin and had a horrible time keeping her weight managed. She had a lot of excess skin on her stomach. I mean a lot. The other example is my SIL who had two children and after both she was left looking almost exactly like she did before she even had children. It really depends on how elastic your skin is which has a lot to do with genetics. Look at the people in your family with two kids and that can give you an idea. If your skin is really elastic, it would have bounced back like a piece of cake after the first, and you would have had minimal to no stretch marks. If you have horrible elasticity, which you can probably already determine this after having your first child, then your skin will be saggy and stretched.
    Anonymous

• I think I have fairly good skin elasticity. I got some stretch-marks, and all I have is a little bit of excess skin which I could probably tone up with exercise. I wouldn't classify it as great, nor horrible. Like I said, you can kind of determine how bad or good it will be by looking at how your skin healed after your first pregnancy. Generally, if you're elasticity is good, you might have a little more excess skin, but it won't be too much of a difference.
    Anonymous

• It depends on your age at the time of baby 2, if you are in your twenties, more than likely you will get your figure back, but anything over 38-40, skin will sag because it has lost a lot of its elasticity.

Answer by older at 3:20 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I think age may have something to do with it too. I was 30 with the second one, and my body did not bounce back like the first one. I wore a 2-piece 4 months after the first one. It's been 2 years and i'm finally back to normal. Not much baggy skin. I dont like to work out either, so that's probably why it took so long too.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 3:49 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• i have had 3 boys and am pregnant with baby #4. I exercised when it was okay to after i gave birth. I am 39yrs. old and i think because i have always been athletic and ate well throughout my life has helped a lot. I pretty much bounced back after 3 births and think i will again after baby #4 is born. I only gained 18pounds total with each pregnancy.
    Anonymous

• i had baby number 2 6.5 weeks ago...my stomach is really loose still...after i go to my check up on tuesday im gonna make sure i can start to work out to tighten it back up....i already lost all the baby weight after i had my c-section...im just gonna make sure everything is ok so i can work out and get fit again....
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 6:27 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Nothing really changed after baby #2. I find myself lucky
    CrystalJanie

Answer by CrystalJanie at 10:07 PM on Oct. 3, 2009