my tooth is chipping, what can i do?

any toothpaste to prevent it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:13 PM on Oct. 3, 2009 in Health

• I haven't heard of any toothpaste that prevents a tooth that is already chipping.  There are toothpastes that claim to help FUTURE chips from happening.  I would recommend getting it fixed immediately, they rot easier once they start chipping.  A small chip can lead to A LOT of problems later!

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 3:19 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I think my enamel (sp?) is weak
    Anonymous

• Oh okay.  I would definitely talk to your dentist since your tooth is already chipping but look around the toothpaste section where you shop also because I've seen quite a few toothpastes that help with that.  ;)

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 3:26 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• A tooth can be splintered depending on the crack, plus a veneer or other appropriate 'cover' can be put on it too. And sometimes a tooth can be smoothed out depending on where its' chipped or cracked.

Just get an opinion or two. You can compare and think about it all.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 3:28 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Go to the dentist.

In the mean time, drink more milk or take calcium supplements. Do not drink soda or juice.
    Anonymous

• Once your enamal is gone, it's gone, like the commercial says. Go to your dentist ans see about getting a polymer put on to prevent the tooth from decaying or getting a cavity. Your dentist will best advise you on what is causing it to chip off.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:47 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• once its gone its gone but crst pro health enamel shields line of toothcare products will greatly help in preventing any further damage between now and seeing your dentist
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 5:16 PM on Oct. 3, 2009