Does it make sense for abortion to be legal and gay marriage to not be?

I just can't wrap myself around this thinking. Wouldn't love be embraced more than hate?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:17 PM on Oct. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• It would make sense if both were legal.
    Anonymous

• I can't wrap myself around it either..in my mind abortion is tantamount to hitting your baby over the head with a hammer...it's murder, period and women who have gone through it go into denial and it comes up later, tearing apart their souls if they have one..how could you ever, ever live with yourself knowing you have killed your own baby? I can't even kill a spider! I agree about gay marriage as well...sure, the church I grew up in thought it was wrong but I don't care...love is love and how can that be wrong? I truly believe God answers all prayers...I have been in two relationships where we weren't married but prayed all the time and saw God answering our prayers and working in our lives...(btw I'm single and straight)...jmo!
    Anonymous

• Personally i think it should be up to that person, yes both questions. I believe that if you don't want a baby and you end up pregnant than send the baby back to GOD. Instead of putting the baby in foster care with a bad family or mistreating the baby. Gay marriage- I am a proud christian (not the one that tries to change them) and i feel that if they want to burn in the lake of fire for all eternity than that is them, as a friend of many gay people they know i don't like it but i do support every single person's choice. Besides what is up with dictating who people can and cannot be with, what happened to freedom of speech and choice?
    EBONY1985

Answer by EBONY1985 at 3:24 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Abortion has nothing to with hate.
    Anonymous

• i think they should both be legal.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 3:27 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I don't see what one has to do with the other.  It's my opinion that it's noones business who someone chooses to marry.  On the other hand, I do think that abortion is wrong.  I don't judge anyones decisions in either of these categories, I just have my own opinions. 

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 3:29 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Abortion has nothing to with hate.

I think that depends on who you ask. I'd have to disagree. And I think both should be legal.

Anonymous

• I don't think abortion should be legal either.
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 3:32 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Abortion is murder and gay marriage would be good for the economy. I live in Iowa people come here all the time to have gay marriages performed. It is good for our tourism industry.

The human aspects too. I am hetrosexual and lived with my husband for 5 years before we married. I was hospitalized and was in a coma for a few months. My parents did not like my husband back then and even though him and I had lived together all that time they kicked him out of our apartment (was only in my name). Would not let him drive a car I had purchased for both of us to use and he had made half the payments (still only in my name). He was not allowed in my room or to make any decision even though he knew me best.

When I recovered I stopped speaking to my parents and we got married right away. What happened to me happens to gay people everyday. I am a Christian and feel being gay is a sin but many sinners get married.
    Anonymous

• in my sociology class i took a couple semesters back i learned that abortions were legal because of a woman's (well persons) constitutional right to privacy, i didnt know that before. not sure about gay marriage, does the constitution say anything about marriage being between a man and a woman? im sure someday it will be challenged in the supreme court
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 3:36 PM on Oct. 3, 2009