9 day old baby.

how much milk does a 9 day old baby hold in their tummy. My baby is eating 4-5 oz i always thought babies that young eats 2 oz. I always feed on demand and if she wants more i always do, but just curious.

newmom092009

Asked by newmom092009 at 3:21 PM on Oct. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• mine was eating 2-2.5... but every baby is different! She is just really hungry :) Congrats on your newborn!!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 3:23 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• How big is your baby?Sometimes a bigger baby takes more.
    Anonymous

• You might want to be careful not to feed on demand cause that may lead to other health problems and possible obesity. Sometimes when she cries it may not be the fact that she is hungry but more of the fact that she didn't get a good burp out, or she could be wet, or she may even just want to be held. Either way go down a mental check list and once you know all other things have been done then you know what she wants. I'm not sure if you a first time mom like me but this is the list that i used when my son was that age: - is he wet - did he burp - are his sheets clean - what is the atmosphere in his room (comfy or not)- does he want to be held (pick her and see if she stops) -is he hungry? This list really helped me, hopefully it may do the same for you. GOOD LUCK.
    EBONY1985

Answer by EBONY1985 at 3:32 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• My kids were taking 1oz. My son he would only drink 1/2 an oz. Congratulations on your new baby!
    Anonymous

• I don't know an answer, but all babies are different - congrats!
    BlazzinBebe88

Answer by BlazzinBebe88 at 3:51 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I have 3 boys and all of them ate 3-4 oz at a time for each feeding. I guess it just depends on the baby. Also when they would go through growth spurts i had to feed them that much more often.
    angiewith2

Answer by angiewith2 at 4:22 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• 4-5 oz is a healthy eater but WELL within normal range. Each baby is different so "normal" is hard to say with a new born.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:39 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• my Daughters DR. says you should feed a baby half there weight so if your baby is 10lbs he/she should'nt have more than 5 oz
    Mrs2009

Answer by Mrs2009 at 11:49 PM on Oct. 3, 2009