If you are on foodstamps, you must LOOK LIKE YOU ARE!! (Extreme sarcasm)

Did you know that if you receive foodstamps:

1. You can never look nice. You have to wear clothes from the Salvation Army. Better yet, find your clothes in the neighborhood dumpster. Make sure the jeans have holes in them, and stains. You are spending taxpayer dollars for your food-look like it.

2. You can't have a tv, dvd player, stereo, cable, computer or internet. You must have NO form of entertainment that even suggests you are a normal human being with normal human interests. If you are bored, read a book (from the library-don't buy ANY books with MY tax money), or find a free newspaper in the recycling bin out back. Look like you're on foodstamps.

3. Don't even THINK about getting your hair or nails done. How dare you?? Pull your hair back in a ponytail (with a rubberband you found on the sidewalk). Let everyone see your ratty nails. You're on foodstamps, remember?

continue below

Fallaya

Asked by Fallaya at 4:06 PM on Oct. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• rolling on floorheeeheehee

Iconoclast

Answer by Iconoclast at 4:08 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• 3. No candy, chips or soda. Only buy fresh fruits and veggies. You don't deserve any treats. Not with MY tax money. Are you thirsty? Drink tap water. And put back that steak. Get some cheap hotdogs (no buns or condiments). And don't even THINK about getting your child a box of animal crackers!!

4. Oh, you have a car? Well, it better be all beat up and dirty. Better not look nice.

Anyone else have any "rules" people on foodstamps must live by (according to the "tax payers")?

**I hope it is understood I don't believe ANY of the crap I just typed.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 4:09 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• yeah iknow right this is messed up ppl just mad they have to pay for there on food i bet these ppl wish they made enougth mney to buy food for there kids out there own pocket but being they dont there lucky enough to get help so there kids dnt strave so i guess they shouldnt buy there kids nice things either???
    Anonymous

• they are not allowed to have a car; they have to bus it all the way. if your child gets sick, Robitussin, my money will not be paying for your health care.

Iconoclast

Answer by Iconoclast at 4:12 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• KILL 'EM ALL!!!
    OH WAIT, if you're talking about socially outcasting, then why not do the same with race and religion and gender. Hmmm....

PLEASE, do yourself a favor and educate yourself before you give off these stupid opinions!!
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 4:21 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• why is this ridiculous post in this category?
    Anonymous

• Yea! If your on food stamps or PA or whatever you SHOULD have to take a weekly drug test, just like us working tax paying people do in order to get and keep a job!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:31 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I don't get what is stupid about it? I think that relationship of people with others and their feeling of classism (people on food stamps vs. those who are not) is a valid topic.  I have seen many people talk about people they don't know because they were in line behind someonethat has food stamps but they drove away in a car better than theirs.   Just because it is sarcastic does not mean it is not valid. imo

Iconoclast

Answer by Iconoclast at 4:33 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I'm sorry but I tried to apply for food stamps and the lady at the desk looked at me and said mam don't waste your time your the wrong color(I'm white) and I said what does that mean she said no a days we only give out to African Americans.....
    Anonymous

• I'm sorry but I tried to apply for food stamps and the lady at the desk looked at me and said mam don't waste your time your the wrong color(I'm white) and I said what does that mean she said no a days we only give out to African Americans

and is that when you asked for a hearing and filed discrimination charges? you should.
    Iconoclast

Answer by Iconoclast at 4:46 PM on Oct. 3, 2009