How much knowledge did Adam have? (adam & eve believers only)

This has been bugging the hell out of me. IF Adam was created as a grown man how much knowledge was he created with? We have to assume that he knew how to talk, walk, and copulate... But what else would he have known? How to grow food? Harvist? If he was created with this knowledge why know give him the technology to go with it? Why did we have to go through an age with stone weapons? Why didn't he know about iron? Why didn't he know about electricity or other things? IF God created him as a perfect man why not also give him the knowledge and understanding to use concrete or other things that would have enabled him to live well?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:08 PM on Oct. 3, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• He had to have been fairly smart and creative! The Bible tells us God brought ALL the animals to him to name. Adam names them ALL in one day and realized that there was no one like him, and then God created Eve. I have a hard enough time coming up with names for all my kids, let alone every kind of animal! Also, I am no expert on archeology, although it fascinates me. I know that archeologists have discovered metal tools thousands of years old!! I can't tell you what kind of metal, but I know they have discovered metals that are difficult to combine, so the idea of stone age isn't entirely accurate (unless you believe in evolution).
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 4:13 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• For that matter...Did Adam and Eve have belly buttons? God gave Adam all the knowledge he needed at the time to do what God wanted him to do.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:29 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• He created Adam in his image, not perfect! I think he still had to learn things on his own. Just because you know you need a shovel to dig, does not mean you know how to make one. Iron might not have been available to him in the area he was. I don't know I am just guessing here!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 4:37 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• O.K. Adam and Eve were sinless. Rebecca...they didn't have to do manuel labor, that was part of the curse on sin later.  I suspect he was born with all the knowledge he needed as an adult in a garden where everything was provided for him.  Plus he had knowledge of God.

teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 7:07 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• From what I understand the atmosphere was much different then than it is now. Which aloud them to use all of their brain, not just part of it like we do today.
    Anonymous

• God gave adam knowlege and the ability to do things man kind! remember he was created by the one and only God himself! god doesn't make dumm things..
    Linsigirl26

Answer by Linsigirl26 at 10:56 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• There was no light bulbs back than......lol
    Linsigirl26

Answer by Linsigirl26 at 11:00 AM on Oct. 4, 2009