*respectful answers only*I have heard there is a lot proof Jesus the person walked the earth even if we can't prove is the messiah

What proof?

I know many of you don't believe in Jesus or God I am asking those who at believe he was once alive on earth.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:14 PM on Oct. 3, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Just like with most religious myths the places associated with Jesus and his life are mostly real. We can visit them, walk the same streets and in some cases see the things he would have seen. There is proof that Jesus the man COULD have existed. Artifacts and writings that do point to his life as a reality. However, as with any person at that time period in history, we can not proove beyond a shadow of a doubt that he did live without a body bearing the name... We have fould proof of some of those around him and their existance, including bodies and burial chambers. But Jesus himself has never been reported as found (notice I didn't say he wasn't found). There is in fact a small church in France where his remains are said to be, but the church will not allow anyone to enter the chamber, so again, no real proof. Even at that, there is no proof that that body would be his. cont...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:19 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• As for proof that he was or wasn't the Messiah... The men and women that met him in the streets didn't know he was. SO how could their be any physical proof today?

As with all religious beliefs and the myths that accompany them Jesus and his status are something that depends completely on the faith of the believer. Proof is in the eye of the believer...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:21 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I would love to recommend the book "A Case for Christ" I think you will find so many of your questions answered there. by Lee Strobel
    SFerber

Answer by SFerber at 4:22 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Jesus is actually written about or mentioned in other historical writings (not religious) of his time period. I don't know that it is a major thing - but just the fact that he is mentioned is considered pretty solid proof (even by non-believers) that he was a real person. I am sorry I can't be more exact then that. My memory isn't so good!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 4:22 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• You won't find the remains of Jesus because his entire body is in heaven.
    Anonymous

• Yes, there is good evidence that he was what is known as a "Hebrew Mystic". Although he was a rabbi, his teachings put him in the fringe of Jewish teachings. But recognize that above all, he was Jewish and that he would have never done or said anything to deny his heritage or beliefs. The writings of Josephus as well as many of the other writings of the time all verify that there was a real man named Jesus Christ, who had a strong following, and a relatively small but devout group of Jews who were loyal to his teachings following his death who continued to cause trouble for the Roman leadership.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:23 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• micheledo, do by any chance know the name of the other documents and historical records? That is the kind of thing I was looking for. Thanks
    Anonymous

• SFerber
    I would love to recommend the book "A Case for Christ" I think you will find so many of your questions answered there. by Lee Strobel
    __

will give me a little information? I am going to ebay right now to see if I can find it
    Anonymous

• I am guessing that the book by Lee Strobel probably gives specifics (I have heard of the book, but have not read it). Sorry I can't remember much. I have read a lot, but have never been good at remembering specific names and dates in history (I failed some tests back in grade school!).
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 4:26 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• "his entire body is in heaven"

Ummm... Heaven is a spiritual place... There are no physical bodies in heaven... From dust to dust! Please read a bible!
    Anonymous