IM SOO worried!!!

my 9 month old takes a while to heal anytime anything happens, like she scratched her face and it took forever to heal, then I put shoes on her and I guess it dug into the back of her ankle and that took forever to heal, like its been a month and it looks scarred, some things dont take that long, like she gets a bruise on her knees sometimes from crawling on the hardwood floor since she started crawling, but they heal quick and normal..and other times when she scratches herself of something it heals up quick...im really worried is this normal?? im the same way though I heal VERY slowly and scar easily...diabetes does not run in our family...also I breastfeed if that makes a difference

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:11 PM on Oct. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• also another thing she got splinters on a couple of her fingers from grabbing porch railing and they healed very fast! less then a week
    Anonymous

• Check her iron/iron levels (i.e. ferritin)?
    Does she take supplements? Does she get sick a lot (low immune?).
    Anonymous

• I would ask the pediatrician about it if you're worried. Try using some neosporin and see if things heal up more quickly. if not check into it
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 5:34 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• You can put some natural herbal ointments on things like that. If my son gets a scratch I'll put Olive Oil which is very healing on it a couple times a day. Or you can get herbal salve such as Badger Balm. It speeds up the healing process naturally.
    bablondie

Answer by bablondie at 5:35 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• she hasnt been sick yet
    Anonymous

• Put some vitamin e on it (open the capsule and apply directly) and see if that doesn't help but I'd tell the dr the next time you go in.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:49 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I would indeed give your concern's to your family doctor...

Iron like a previous poster spoke about would be, but i doubt that since her bruising goes away quickly

Do not worry , Just ask your doctor to run a blood test and a urine sample.

Your questions then will be answered correctly.
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 6:05 PM on Oct. 3, 2009