crawling help

Okay my daughter is 6 month old and every baby around her(same age) is crawling. I know I shouldn't rush her but any helpful hints to get her going. She will lay on her belly and push all the way up she will also move backwards just not go forwards. She will also go in circles roll to her back roll back to her belly but she will not crawl forwards!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:11 PM on Oct. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• try helping her out. Move her arms and legs, crawl around on the floor to show her how to do it. My son didn't crawl until he was almost 8 months. :) she's fine, she's just doing things her way :)
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 5:13 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• my dd is doing the same thing she will be 7 months on the 10th
    keithamy06

Answer by keithamy06 at 5:47 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• My son was a late crawler and just started on his own one day around 9 months. Now his cousins about the same age are already walking, but not my LO! It's ok, he is taking one or two steps at 11 months. He'll walk when he's ready!!
    Anonymous

• She is very much on track developmentally. It is normal to start out going backwards, then forward pulling themselves and then crawling. Don't worry, she will get it. Just make sure she has plenty of tummy time, and all of a sudden, she will be crawling...
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 6:15 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• my nephew would try to crawl with one leg at 5mths he never did learn he just started walking at 10 mths. every child is different hopefully your lo will be crawling soon
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 7:33 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• my son was 9 months whe he started to crawl (he was 6 weeks early) and me and my hubby would put him on his fours and wed be on ours and show him and after about 3 weeks he really started to crawl...and by 13 months he was walking.....your baby is fine....shell do it when she is ready..
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 7:34 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• when she is laying on her belly put your hands on her feet so when she pushes it moves her forward,also try puting her feet up aginst the coutch so she can push forward too.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:29 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• my dd didnt crwl till she was 9 mts . there was nothing wrong with her she was jsut a late crawler my ds is 7 mts and he just rolls around, he is also going to be a late crawler is nothing to be concern about, crawling is not a milestones. some kids crawl early(4mts) other late(10mts) other never crawl
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 8:32 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• DD was 9.5 mos when she started crawling, and DS was 11 mos. Just let nature take its course.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:08 PM on Oct. 3, 2009