IM SOO worried!!!

my 9 month old takes a while to heal anytime anything happens, like she scratched her face and it took forever to heal, then I put shoes on her and I guess it dug into the back of her ankle and that took forever to heal, like its been a month and it looks scarred, some things dont take that long, like she gets a bruise on her knees sometimes from crawling on the hardwood floor since she started crawling, but they heal quick and normal..and other times when she scratches herself of something it heals up quick...im really worried is this normal?? im the same way though I heal VERY slowly and scar easily...diabetes does not run in our family...also I breastfeed if that makes a difference

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:11 PM on Oct. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• also another thing she got splinters on a couple of her fingers from grabbing porch railing and they healed very fast! less then a week
    Anonymous

• I'm the same way. I get bruises for little or no reason, my scratches and marks take forever to heal and I scar at every turn. Diabetes DOES run in my family, but the slow healing is caused from prolonged (like, years worth) of high blood sugars, not from the onset of diabetes. So don't worry about that.

It sounds like it's just a hereditary slow healing ability. Don't worry so much, mamma :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 5:16 PM on Oct. 3, 2009