Has anyone ever SOLD...

Has anyone ever posted items on craigslist and they actually sold?

Just curious I have somethings that I'm thinking of selling on craigslist, but I'm wondering if that stuff really sells. I see things posted all the time and it looks like the same items over and over lol. Anyway, it's worth a shot.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:12 PM on Oct. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yep.
    I sell stuff all the time... :]
    Baby clothes, mainly. Well... baby stuff.
    Popular stuff sells fairly quickly. Strollers, jumpers, clothes (not very fast), carseats, etc.

I've also sold our TV's, couple computers... uhhh... stuff like that.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 5:17 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• i have a few things, not many. the price needs to be pretty low, i always start out asking about $5-$10 more than i really want than lower it and lower it until i get to about $5-$10 less than i really want. its all about the price, price like you would at a yard sale or like what you would be willing to pay at a yard sale b/c thats pretty much what it is, one giant yard sale. and be willing to negotiate, if you aren't people won't be willing to look.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 5:16 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I've sold toys and children's clothes on there.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 5:16 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I've sold a camera and a slot machine. Most of the things that don't sell are probably overpriced. Oh and if you sell jewelry be careful of the scam emails. They will ask to send you a check that is for over the price you asked, and then ask you to send them back the "change" or keep it. But then the check bounces weeks later. And meet in a public place to do the exchange. Mall or parking lot of a crowded area. :)
    Anonymous

• oh and you might get more responses if you are willing to trade for something else. say you are selling size 0-3 month boys clothes and your older daughter needs 3t clothes, if you say i'm willing to trade this for any of these items, and list things people respond quicker b/c its a way for them to get rid of stuff they don't want anymore and get stuff they need w/o paying for it. also try freecycle.com for the things you can't get rid of there. everything listed is free so you can list stuff and get stuff that way. i've gotten rid of things there as well.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 5:29 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Yes and and no.
    bablondie

Answer by bablondie at 5:32 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• yes I sell things and give things all the time, Usually as soon as I post them I get a response within the same day. And its free!
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 5:35 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• yes...i made 400.....on a puppy we couldn't have due to Alexi's having allergy's

during that time i have sold baby clothes....and things that my DD'S don't need
    maybe even in the 1000's
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 6:00 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Yes. I sold my car. Sold some of my son's clothes and a warbird ceiling fan. ( I was lucky because the owner's of an airport restaurant saw it and had to have it.) I have new car seat covers for cheap on there that no one replied to. I am about to put up a mint xbox 360. Although I know it will eventually will be put on Ebay. It seems like Craigslist has become the place to beg for things. People want everything for free! So many people are struggling that there are more sellers than buyers. I am finding it that way on Ebay as well. Use to supplement our income this way. Not any more.

CelticFaerie

Answer by CelticFaerie at 6:44 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• We could consider it a second income! My DH needs to go to CL Annonymous for his addiction. We buy and sell atleast 3 things a week. Its alot of fun once things start moving.
    brikay1

Answer by brikay1 at 7:39 PM on Oct. 3, 2009