How much child support can I get for two kids?

How much do you get? How old are they? My 2 kids are 7 months old. He just left so we don't have a custody battle at all. I am the one taking care of the kids

dennysgirl07

Asked by dennysgirl07 at 5:24 PM on Oct. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Depends on the state and how much the dad is making. I know in Virginia they gave me $400 a month for one child. Here in Arizona I could get $600, but don't want to rock the boat with my daughters daddy. He gives her extra money when she needs it. If I asked for more through the courts he probably wouldn't give her the extra. :)
    Anonymous

• It depends on your state, but I believe they do it based on his income and they take out a percentage.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 5:27 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• exactly what mommylee said, im sorry he left you, i would get a lawyer asap
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 5:32 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I live in California. He's unemployed at the moment. But he is a photographer and makes bank from that. It's his own business so how am I goin to see if he claimed that?
    dennysgirl07

Answer by dennysgirl07 at 5:37 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• does he file taxes? if he does then they go from that..he doesnt collect unemployment does he? if you know hes making bank off of his photography then you tell them that..im notsure of exactly how you "prove" it..
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 5:42 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• wasnt he a cheater anyways? i think ur better off..he should have a moral right to pay for his children.
    Anonymous

• go to a lawyer they can tell you a lot more than we can :] but if he doesnt claim it he still owes money and it goes to 'back child support' (unpaid child support) and if you have too much of that you can lose your license, and im guessing he needs his license to photograph ;]
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 5:44 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• WELL PLAN ON ZERO, DO NOT PLAN FOR MONEY BECAUSE YOU MAY NOT GET IT, GET READY TO SUPPORT YOURSELF AND YOUR CHILDREN FOR THEY REST OF THEIR LIVES, BECAUSE YOU ARE THE ONLY PARENT AND IF HE DIDN'T EVEN FIGHT FOR CUSTODY, HE IS PROBABLY GONE FOR GOOD AND WON'T THINK TWICE ABOUT NOT PAYING HIS CHILD SUPPORT!! THAT IS WHAT I DO, MY DD CHILD SUPPORT WAS SET AT $0 OVER TWO YEARS AGO AND MY DS WAS SET AT $51 A MONTH AND MY EX CAN'T EVEN PAY THAT!!!
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 7:13 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• i didnt pursue child support w my 6 month old but they asked me if i wanted to and my hubby makes about 1200 a month after taxes and he would have had to pay around 400 bucks and thats in MO so
    aidensmama8

Answer by aidensmama8 at 7:44 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• It really depends on what he is making & what you are making & if he gets any credits for visitation or daycare or carries health insurance. You will need to work with a lawyer to get his financials & that can include bank records or tax returns. If he is dealing entirely in cash, there isn't much you can do, though. However, here in Washington, child support is partly figured on what a person could be making. So, if he left a good paying job to freelance with his photography, they will look at what he was earning before he quit. You really need to find a good lawyer.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 9:06 PM on Oct. 3, 2009