baby food

okay so my son will be 2months old on the 11th and i started giving him a little bit of baby food last night. HE LOVED IT! and he slept better too... my mom looked in my sisters, mine ^ my brother's baby books and she started all of us on baby food @ 6 weeks and my brother at 3 weeks b/c he stayed hungry... all of us are okay & she said that's what the ped said to do...granted it was 30 years ago but what has changed in 30 years that makes it so bad to some of you... honestly do you think it's okay for me to give him a little here & there if he refuses his formula?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:48 PM on Oct. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you see no signs of allergies (rashes on face of butt, ect.) then I say go for it. But the baby needs milk mostly. Do not feed baby food in excess. They do not get as much nutrients as breastmilk or formula.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 7:29 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• i think thats a bit young still. and the difference between now and 30 yrs ago is that 30 yrs ago the research regarding the effects of feeding so early hadn't been done. kind of like saying well whats the point of a car seat/seat belt if i didn't wear one growing up? the point is that research shows its safer to wear one. just like its safer to hold off on the baby food. talk to your ped about it, see what the opinion there is and make your choice. either way, its your child no one can tell you what to do.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:04 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Too young IMO, I wouldn't rush it.
    Anonymous

• thanks amber.. i give him formula most of the time like i said once or twice a day he may eat one to one half of a tablespoon of baby food, then he'll take 4oz of formula
    Anonymous