What do you think?

I m/c in June. Have had periods aprox every 6 wks. How can you estimate w/o using an ovulation test kit when you are ovulating. Would it still be 2 weeks or 2-3 weeks. What do you think? Please no bashing. Thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:08 PM on Oct. 3, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• sorry for your loss, i hope you are healing
    no one should be bashing you for wanting to know when you ovulate
    usually it is about 2 weeks before your next expected period. a 6 week cycle is kinda long and you may not be ovulating. i normally have long cycles, and i usually don't ovulate.
    you can try some ovulation calendars online... where you enter dates and it will give you estimates, but if you have something going on it may not be correct. you can monitor your bbt temperature, but also if you have something else going on it may not be accurate. monitor cervical mucous also..but again same thing applies. there are some books. one that is highly recommended is Taking Charge Of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler. (if i got some words or spelling incorrect, forgive me...going off memory that isn't always the best) it is big but it has TONS of info and different scenarios. you can get it at your library
    good luck :)
    codysmama2609

Answer by codysmama2609 at 8:56 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• My cycle is 5-5.5 weeks, I ovulate 14-15 days before my period is expected. I can also feel it when I ovulate and use that as a predictor (and a sign to go jump my husband). I have in narrowed down to about a 6 day timeframe for when I ovulate.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 9:17 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• i had a miscarriage a few hears ago and my periods were all messed up for about 6 months and i still got prego during that 6th month. i used my own body to tell me when i was ovulating. its always different for each woman but when i felt alittle cramping and it was to soon to start even the messed up periods thats when i thought i was ovulating and it worked. i hope this helps and i wish you the best of luck!
    mommy21979

Answer by mommy21979 at 11:22 PM on Oct. 4, 2009