He's bringing home a puppy(posted again since I can't edit)

Oh course I would not let an animal starve. I don't want my husband to bring home a puppy because with work, the house, the kids I don't think I can keep up with it all. And yes in a perfect world all chores would be divided up equally, but my world is far from it. The last time we had a puppy I didn't mind feeding and walking and cleaning up, I just minded being the only one to do it.

So do you think I should give my husband the opportunity to see if he can do the work like he says he will? (This does not mean I will make a hungry puppy wait for food if he slacks off)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:19 PM on Oct. 3, 2009 in Pets

• Having a pet should be a family decision. IMO each person needs to be on board because there will always be occasions when another person will have to feed the dog at some point. Id talk to him and just let him know your not ready to have a dog.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 7:31 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I think you should talk to him about getting an older dog. There are so many out there that have been thrown away just because they are older. They are usually housebroken and out of that puppy stage. That would put less of a stress on you if your hubby does not follow through
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 7:36 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I agree, maybe getting an older dog that is more independent.

Pets involve the whole family.

Let him know you are not ready for a puppy, but you'd make a compromise with a good older dog.

God knows a dog out there needs you.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 9:01 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Is he home all day to house train the puppy? If he's not then he has no right to bring one home & expect you to do all the work. Puppies are just as much work as babies & toddlers.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 9:44 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• I hate to say it but the puppy will in the end most likely by your responsibility. I am being realistic, at least in my house.

mom-2-4boys

Answer by mom-2-4boys at 9:30 PM on Oct. 4, 2009