Will I ever stop gagging?

I am 12 weeks and I find myself gagging out of the blue sometimes. Will this end anytime soon? Can I do anything to make myself not do this? I didn't do this with my 1st pregnancy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:22 PM on Oct. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It didnt stop til I was about 4 months..
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 7:24 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I am 11 weeks pregnant with my second child and I have been gagging since week 5 and have only actually thrown up twice ( sorrry TMI) but my first pregnancy I never did this I just had morning sickness and then would feel better the rest of the day but now I walk around feeling like crap all day and gagging over every little thing. I had to totally stop cooking cause I cant look at food for long periods of time and I refuse to clean bathrooms including toilet cause I will get so sick. I was litterally gagging a minute ago telling my husband what he needed to clean in our bathrooms, I hate it too but hopefully it wont be like this much longer and then we can just watch our tummys get bigger and enjoy the rest of it. By the way congrats!! :)
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 7:31 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Oh and Im taking this medicine called Ondansetron that the doctors prescribed but it cost $419 so unless you have good insurance or medicaid I would look at getting some else. It helps with the nausea and there little tablets that you put under your toung untill it desolves, it taste like a mint. It has worked for me every time except today for some reason. You can take it every 6-8 hrs as needed so ask your doctor about prescribing something to you.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 7:37 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I did it the entire nine months. When they wieghed me before I left the hospital I weighed the same as when I found out I was pregnant.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 9:10 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• for my first pregnancy i had some gagging in my first trimester. This pregnancy, if I don't drink enough water or eat first thing in the morning, i still feel that way, even at 39 weeks!! Hopefully yours won't last your entire pregnancy !
    stykir

Answer by stykir at 9:57 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I naturally have a sensitive gag reflex, but didn't have the problem you explained with my first pregnancy. With my second pregnancy though I was gagging at just the thought of something simple. I remember it lasting for a good few weeks, but believe me it will end. I tried to put anything that caused the gagging out of my mind. Whether it be certain foods that at the moment digsuted me, or something that naturally grosses me out. Whatever the case may be. I tried to change the thought in my mind the second I started thinking about something gross. If you're gagging even without realizing it you might talk to your OB for quick tips on how to ease that.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:32 AM on Oct. 4, 2009