How much does it cost to get your tubes tied?

I plan on getting my tubes tied and I was wondering how much it would cost. Im insured with Aetna by the way. Also, what is the procedure. Is it a major surgery and how is the recovery?

BrittanyD07

Asked by BrittanyD07 at 8:14 PM on Oct. 3, 2009 in Health

• I had mine tied during my third csection. My insurance company would not pay for it because it was a second operation during a first, the first operation of course being my section. My ob was great, he worked it in somehow and I didn't get charged for it. He definitely did it cause no birth control worked compared to three pregnancies three times without birth control before tie.

So I was surgically opened cuz of my section when my tubes were tied. But a lot of moms have it done laproscopically (sp) somehow going in near the belly button. My tie mixed with my section did not add to my pain and it didn't lengthen my recovery.

I'm sure it'll be ok. You should have a meet an anesthesiologist appt. before the surgery to cover concerns. Don't be afraid to ask your ob/surgeons questions even day of tie.

It'll be ok. It will be.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 8:20 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Ask your OB/GYN what it involves and the cost.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:53 PM on Oct. 3, 2009