Is this a growth spurt?

My dd will be 6 weeks on wednesday and She isnt sleeping so good. She sleeps for maybe 30 min and wakes back up. It also takes longer to put her to sleep. She acts as though she is hungry, although I got yelled at for feeding her the amount I do now. She eats 4ozs every 4 hours. I recently switched her to soy (about a week ago). Could this be a growth spurt? Should I try giving her 5ozs? or could it be the soy?

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 8:23 PM on Oct. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• try 5 oz, and see what happens, why u switched to soy?
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 8:29 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• lactose intolerance
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 8:30 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I have a great idea. The baby could be having tummy achs with them. That means they will eat more cause it makes them feel better for a second its called comfert eating.Try malacon or peppermint. Another idea is that maybe your baby has acid reflux try adding cereal to the bottle. ask the doc about that too.
    nekkyoo

Answer by nekkyoo at 10:07 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Maybe try less in a bottle, like 2-3oz every 2 hours? My mom fed us little amount of baby food at that age. I started little bits of cereal at that age with my sons but not everyday.
    SweetPea708

Answer by SweetPea708 at 10:14 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• its a growth spurt i just saw my Peds, my Daughter is also on Soy she's allergic to milk. she drinks 5 oz every 3-4 hrs sometimes she wants to drink 6oz or eat every 2 hrs 4 oz.. Very odd because it started out of nowhere my DDoctor says give her what she asks for. it will settle down.
    Mrs2009

Answer by Mrs2009 at 11:40 PM on Oct. 3, 2009