What is proper protocol during a funeral?

My friend's grandma passed away this week. During the funeral (literally as the eulogy was about to be read) the casket was removed from the room and started to be transported to the cemetery. The family was crying, begging the funeral home to bring her back.
I can't believe this happened. Apparently they were rushing through because there were 2 more funerals that day. During the luncheon, people's plates were being removed as they were still eating.
I am shocked this happened, this funeral home has an excellent reputation, normally. I can't believe how unprofessional it all was.

Six_on_my_own

Asked by Six_on_my_own at 8:27 PM on Oct. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• that's never happened to me i'd be pissed!
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 8:32 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Wow that sounds abnormal.
    lesliemck86

Answer by lesliemck86 at 8:34 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• That is the most disrespectful thing I have ever heard! I would be filing a complaint, they never should have booked that many services that close together. The whole point of their job is to help make the families life easier during such a hard time. If they really want to get the place noticed I would contact a local paper or tv station and let them do a story on how badly they were treated.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 8:37 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I'd be reporting that to the better business bureau.
    That whole thing was messed up.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 8:38 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Thats crazy. I would have been horrified and made a seen if it was anyone close to me.
    brikay1

Answer by brikay1 at 8:38 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• simple frownThat is sad.

Anonymous

• That is NOT right at all! The funeral home is supposed to be supportive of the family -NOT rush thru to get the next funeral going. The place should be reported.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:44 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Neither of those occurrences could be considered "proper" protocol. I agree that the funeral home should be reported to the BBB. That kind of behavior is disgraceful. I hope the family does something to complain and warn others.
    Southernroots

Answer by Southernroots at 9:09 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I'm Sorry. This is Sad! This is not right at all! To be rushed in such a time is the Worst Ever.. I'd tell everyone! Including a heartfelt letter to them & their lack of empathy, decent business etc.. So Wrong!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 9:26 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• How horrible! This is so incredibly disrespectful to the bereaved family. Write a letter to the funeral home and send it to your local paper. Forward them to a few businesses in the area if you can, too. File a formal complaint with the Better Business Bureau; hopefully they'll get what they deserve: NOTHING!
    jonosmama

Answer by jonosmama at 9:33 PM on Oct. 3, 2009