sore throat and honey

Me and my boyfriend both have very sore throats and I think my 2 year old to she's whining that she hurts. I know there is a home remidey with honey or honey with tea to help soothe...anyone know? We have already taken cough medicine and tylenol and cough drops.

meghan925

Asked by meghan925 at 8:30 PM on Oct. 3, 2009 in Health

Level 1 (-25 Credits)
  • you could pour honey down your throat
    Anonymous

• you can drink chamomile tea with honey in it or just swallow a teaspoonful of honey. they used to sell something called honey cough when i was growing up but now they stopped, it was the best stuff ever!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:31 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• honey tea, or lemon tea with honey, anything hot even just water hot, and honey mixed into that.
    I don't know lately but just lots of fluids and soups, and tea (caffeine or non.)

And rest
    Anonymous

• Hey anon at 8 31.. Get a life haha. Thanks for my one serious answer tmn. Do I warm the honey?
    meghan925

Answer by meghan925 at 9:01 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Honey and lemon, slightly warmed is ok, but you don't have to.
    Apple cider vinegar if you can keep it down (its nasty, imo)
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 9:49 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I usually make a cup of tea in the preferred flavor (we all have different favorites), add a bit of lemon juice to cut mucous and honey to soothe the throat. I add a shot of whiskey to mine and my husbands, if we're in for the night, too.
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 10:20 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• honey is antibacterial; cayenne pepper is anti-inflammatory. mix equal parts for a great cough and throat soothing syrup

Answer by rkoloms at 8:53 AM on Oct. 4, 2009