I'm 37 weeks pregnant. What are some tricks to make this baby come NOW?! LOL

I'm so tired of being pregnant. Let's get this baby moving!

Tashwitz

Asked by Tashwitz at 9:10 PM on Oct. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Doing Squats. Sex. Taking long walks. Spicy foods. Have all been said to help ease your body into labor. I swear by squats. I garuntee you that they helped my son decend into the nether regions, which caused my water to break and my body to go into natural labor. Nothing is garunteed to make a baby come faster, but there are definately things that will helpe bring the baby down easier. Which may lead into labor. - On a side note: It honestly bothers me when people tell me to "Relax and enjoy this while you can". There isn't anything to enjoy at this point. I am 36 weeks and I am BEGGING for this little girl to push her way out of me.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:27 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Be patient mommy, let baby stay until ready to come out...LOL.. I know easier said than done but when he/she is ready it will happen. Try to rest in the mean time, you might need it once the baby gets here.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:16 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• At 37 weeks they can be borderline premature, do you really want to deal with that? I didn't get an option, my bloodpressure wouldn't stay stable, it would be fine, then shoot through the roof, then be fine again so they induced (3 times), when that didn't work we did c section. I was recovering and worrying about DS because he was right on the line of premature and they were worried about his development.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 9:20 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I am SO with you on this one!  I'm 37 weeks and 3 days and SO ready to be done with this pregnancy already!  I'm not willing to do anything that has any risk to the baby though so I'm stuck, lol.  Before you know it, you'll be done and it will be over!  I've been told that walking and sex are good ways to start labor but it hasn't worked for me, lol.  Have you talked to your Midwife or Dr. about stripping your membranes?  I've had that done also but it didn't work either, lol.  I guess mine just isn't ready yet. 

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 9:25 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• AHHH!! I have had morning sickness for 9 months. Dr says baby is fine. I just want to have him already! I need to start walking more because I hear from everyone how much that helped get their labor moving along and baby daddy and me haven't had sex in so long that last time we tried (a week ago) he could barely get it in because it hurt so freaking bad. I don't know how a baby is going to fit through there =(
    Tashwitz

Answer by Tashwitz at 9:40 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• LOl the baby WILL get thru there.my dd was 9lbs and fir thru just fine andi had no tearing! woo hooo..lol but seriously you dont wantthebaby to come now..hes still inside for a reason..just be patient..sorry there are no magical "tricks"
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 9:43 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• omg! dont ask that question b/c all you will get is that march of dimes answer with let the baby decide. blah blah blah! im also 37 wks and am very ready to get him out. you can try walking and ive also heard of something called pelvic rocks, not sure about those. i thought i was in labor the other day, but i wasnt even having contractions, blah. my cervix bleeds everytime they check it now, so im just taking it easy. btw~they wont stop you if you do start labor, so i dont know why these ppl tell you the baby isnt ready at 37 wks.
    Anonymous

• i tried every natural methld possible...THEY DO NOT WORK!! you baby will come when he/she is good and ready...BTW my baby came 14 days past our due date, hope yours comes soon than that
    Anonymous

• primrose oil...google it
    Anonymous

• I don't have any make it faster tips but I was induced at 37 weeks b/c I had low fluid I was told that most hospitals including the one where I had my son 37 weeks is full term so don't feel bad for being tired of being prego.
    Candie2008

Answer by Candie2008 at 10:41 PM on Oct. 3, 2009