PPD? What to look for?

What are some signs of PPD? and i don't mean the general crap about " wanting to harm your child" , I don't feel that way, but something is definately "off" with me, I'm never happy , I am downright mean to my s/o and losing it every day...should i seek some help ?

AshleyRoseG

Asked by AshleyRoseG at 9:25 PM on Oct. 3, 2009 in Health

• Google postpartium depression and the list is very long.. PPD is very similar to regular depression, modd swings, feeling numb to your baby, lack of sleep or sleeping to much, avioding your baby, not eating or over eating, the list goes on and on.. I hope this helps
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:31 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Is it affecting your life adversely? Is it affecting important relationships adversely? Then go talk to your doctor about it. One of the big signs is not having fun anymore. ANother is not enjoying things you used to. Theres a list of about 25 things, anything more than 5 is a firm diagnosis, but depending they will treat you with only one or two key ones.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 9:42 PM on Oct. 3, 2009