Suggestion for affordable birth announcement printing?

Just wondering if any of you have found a photo printing site that you like that prints cute birth announcements? Everything I find is close to $2 a card, and I'd like to keep it to umm...much less than that! Thanks!

goldenfox

Asked by goldenfox at 9:28 PM on Oct. 3, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• i'm not sure how much it is, but my gf went to walmart and made hers. or maybe you can download a free photoshop to your pc and make your own. OR, alot of people like to crop pics on here, just post a picture of your LO in one of your groups and ask if any of them wouldn't mind making one for you. then you can just print them from your computer, or you can save them on a disk, take them to wal mart and print them out. GL
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 9:35 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• They are pretty expensive.

I did my birth annoucements at Shutterfly.com
    sopheeahsmommy

Answer by sopheeahsmommy at 9:37 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• MAKE YOUR OWN ON YOUR COMPUTER....USING ROXIO OR PHOTO SHOP THEN PUT THEM ON A MEMORY CARD AND GET THEM PRINTED AT WAL-MART OR WALGREEN'S THEY WILL COST LESS THAN 50 CENTS A PIECE AND THE QUALITY IS AMAZING!
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 9:56 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I used kodakgallery.com, uploaded my own photo and made very cute announcements for very affordable prices, check it out.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 9:57 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• My son's school is very small and didn't have their own graduation announcements, I made my own on my computer, put them on a disk and took them to Office Max to have them printed. I put his graduation picture on the front, and made a matching card insert with the invitation to his graduation party for those who were invited. They came out great, and were about 50 cents per announcement!! We used special paper, but it was just 8 1/2 x 11, and we printed two per sheet. They cut them there for me. I can't tell you how many compliments I got on those announcements!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:30 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• i just used snapfish for mine- 14.99 for 20 (20 is the lowest you can get) they get cheaper per unit when you buy more than that though, and they came out looking GREAT! i was really happy when i got mine. plus, they were here a few days later. i love how fast they ship out to me.
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 6:34 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• I created my own birth announcements on the computer. I made them 4 x 6 and had them printed as photos at Walgreens, they cost 19 cents a piece. They were a little smaller then the average announcements but were much more affordable, especially if you have a large number to send out. If you don't have a program or are not familiar with creating such things maybe ask a family member or friend.
    JCoello

Answer by JCoello at 2:33 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• My daughter made her own wedding invitations. We bought the cardstock and two sizes of envelopes really cheap at Hollos which is a local store. (www.hollos.com) The vellum was the most expensive of everything. But like ohwrite, she made them up on her own computer then copied it to a flashdrive and took that to Kinkos to be printed. They printed about 150 or so sheets of vellum and I know it was less than $10 total. I'm wanting to say maybe $6 or $7 but I can't remember the exact price.
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 11:27 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Oh, and each piece of vellum had two invitations on it. We cut them in half, so that was around 300 invitations...
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 11:28 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• http://www.shutterfly.com/cards-stationery/birth-announcements/baby-girl-birth-announcements?c=60376 Run around 1.03 each print, but if you sign up as a memeber on the site in advance they send you lots of promo codes and run sales which they email you about in advance. If you were gift registered at Target, some gift baggies included a free $20 to shutterfly.. I ended up paying about 4.00 for shipping only, for 37 (set of 25, set of 12).
    arianas_mom916

Answer by arianas_mom916 at 3:17 PM on Nov. 10, 2009