Will I ever be happy?

Some people are optimists, but why? I have good moments, bad ones and everything in between; but, I cannot seem to feel any happiness for long. What's wrong with me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:28 PM on Oct. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My only advise is to stop comparing yourself to others. We never really know what another person feels like unless we have walked in their shoes. I, for instance, have a lot of things to be happy about and right now also alot of things to be sad about. I think I portray an outgoing and positive outlook but I don't always feel it. I believe in the "Fake it til you make it" philosophy! If you smile, people smile back and things turn around easier that if youre gloomy. Anyway, I dont know if that makes sense to you or helps you but my last piece of advise is that it helps me (when I am in one of those "faking it" modes, to try to be grateful and stop to count my blessings and realize all I have to be happy about, even if I don't feel it right then. Hang in there mama!
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 9:48 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I find myself asking the same thing. Am I doomed to never be in a happy relationship? Do I make it impossible to satisfy me. Do I expect too much and am never happy cause nobody can meet those needs? Nobody is perfect I know that. I'm afraid I can't help you cause I need help myself but, I know how you feel. you are not alone
    angiebo

Answer by angiebo at 9:39 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• You should talk to your doctor about this, it sounds like depression symptoms
    Anonymous

• i usedto be like that..then i found out that life is tooo short to NOT be happy ya know? i started looking at what i had and the amazing rad moments ive had and realized that i had many more to come. i love the life i live and you should too..being miserable only makes you not so fun to be around. enjoy the little things, never thik "what if" and dont stress the lil things. music uplifts my soul whenever im feeling down. maybe try that? i guess it might just be the lifestyle i have? idk good luck tho!
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 9:39 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Doctor? hmm What do you wish for? school? Weekly exercise time away frm kids? Salon nail care? More money? Are you safe, your family? Is your family well healthy except for your concerns?
    Are you in debt a little or hugely? Are you in a rental? Own a house?

How about taking those questions or similar ones and getting counselling to go through them? Some ministers are great life counsellors too.

Do you get out much, seriously? If your kids are keeping you home why not do free activites with them at different public libraries, FREE? Public libraries are great for toddlers through to the elderly, no lie. Honest. Take a look. Plus Barnes and Noble has free activities for kids. How old are your kids, 4H is a great program for kids. Scouts too. With minimal small dues if any.

Try finding an answer first to your concerns, questions of why. Then look at solutions.

When I do that more things fall in place.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 9:50 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• google the Desiderata poem and also Strength of A Woman poem, very empowering.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 9:52 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• There aren't many things, shy of a sudden unexpected death, that have nothing good in it. My SIL has stage 4 liver cancer. She is using the knowledge of her illness to make sure she spends quality time with her family. My son had a car wreck two weeks ago. A man ran a red light and         t-boned him. Everyone is goin to be ok, thank God. But, my faith in basic human descentsy was renewed with the accident. The man who hit my son told the officer that he had no excuse. He was looking at something else instead of ahead. He took full responsibility for the wreck. He has called and checked on him and his friend. He is pushing the insurance company to pay fairly and quickly. We are lifted up by the character this man has shown. Optimism - look for it in small places.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:57 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• First you have to define happiness. Maybe you are looking for something but have not defined it yet. It's not one of those things where you know it when you see it. Stop and think about it.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:01 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• jesse123456 I am sorry about your sil and son. My son too awhile ago was in a severe car accident. He was sideswiped and additionally hit head on. No injuries at all on his part or other driver either. What blessings we have with our sons. I hope a miracle comes for your SIL.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 10:03 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• i have a lot of problems with depression sometimes it get really bad my husband really doesn't understand about depression sometimes i am really sad for no reason at all.i have took a lot of medicine for depression but it didn't help that much.i lost my best friend who was also my sister in law so i really have no one to talk to about things and i really miss her she died of cancer.
    georgia362

Answer by georgia362 at 10:04 PM on Oct. 3, 2009