Leave the father of your kids?

Have you left the father of your kids? What was your breaking point that made you say this is it!? How did u deal? I'm feeling like I have given so much of myself that there is nothing left for me. Maybe it's time I better myself instead of feeling held back to help another. Will he ever be where I need him?

angiebo

Asked by angiebo at 9:50 PM on Oct. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• I left. I didn't want to but he just drained me. I got rid of him, went back to college and took care of our three kids on my own. I stayed busy and got on with it. The stress left after the divorce and life was pretty good after that.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:55 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• i left the father of my unborn child. of course i left him before i knew i was pregnant. even now i wouldn't go back to him. we were together for 4 years. he wants nothing to do with me or the child. i think i'm better off without him. if i can do it, so can u.
    islandmom85

Answer by islandmom85 at 10:04 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• i know i will be fine after the initial break up. I'm always better on my own. I accomplish way more. It is just so hard for me this time. I think because I have a child with him He really is a great guy at heart but he causes more problems and stress. He is just so dumb and irresponsible. He's more like another child than a partner. I'm tired of waiting for him to grow up even though he has come so far in the 3 years we've been together. It is always something else with him and I fear I will never be happy with him. He is holding me back from where i wanna be in life.
    angiebo

Answer by angiebo at 10:35 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I didn't leave.I made him leave.He wouldn't keep a job or even get a job.He didn't give a hoot if we had money to just buy food and pay rent, much less if our 2 kids had their needs met.And he wanted to spend the money I earned on his girlfriend.So I threw his clothes in the front yard and changed the locks.The neighbors were very entertained.I don't regret doing that.But I should have done it alot sooner.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 10:56 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I left the sperm donor of my son before my son was born. He cheated on me and I busted him. I knew he would never change and decide to get out while the getting was good. He has had very little to do with MY son in the last 13 years and only pays child support because he knows I will turn his butt in for not paying it.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:15 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• 7 days ago. I'm kinda hating life right Now. But "this too shall pass"
    dennysgirl07

Answer by dennysgirl07 at 11:49 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I left the father of my daughter. He was verbally abusive our whole relationship, but I was to blind to see it. The breaking point for me was when he got caught redhanded stealing my stepdad's wallet. Yep, he threw his family away for $17.....

Once i finally got away from him and got my head cleared of his poison i felt so much better about myself as a person and as a mother. I've gotten my life on track now. It was hard, and i was devastated at first, but like everything in life, it passed, and I have NO regrets about leaving him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Ahh, the anon above is me, I clicked the box on accident =P
    Pudge_Pie20

Answer by Pudge_Pie20 at 10:53 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Yes I left the father of my children 5 months ago and have been regretting it ever since. I got a case of the "grass is always greener" and now realize that my grass was full and green.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 11:59 AM on Oct. 5, 2009

• Thats part of my worry munch12502. It's mostly petty stuff. He makes life harder but he is who he is. like you said, I guess i'm looking for greener grass but, does it exist?
    angiebo

Answer by angiebo at 5:51 PM on Oct. 5, 2009