Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

scared please answer...

i have kinda a pain and pressure feeling in my leg and the spot that is hurting has a small bruise. Could this mean a blood clot at all?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:00 PM on Oct. 3, 2009 in Health

Answers (4)
  • I'd call the ER and ask a professional

    Answer by admckenzie at 10:03 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

  • what admckenzie said! that's something only a doctor can answer.

    Answer by islandmom85 at 10:05 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

  • Go to e r. They are there to be happy with nonworrisome issues and to take good good care of very serious issues.

    If your spot has red streaks from it from a scratch or animal bite, scrape or cut that is an absolute emergency right now.

    remember the e r will triage you, if you're a huge illness you'll go through immediately. I once took my son to the e r and after triage they told me they felt it was minor and see a personal physician and did not even charge me. But it was a relief to hear it from professionals.

    let us know please.

    Answer by lfl at 10:14 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

  • I am no expert, but, I am a vascular surgery RN...with a blood clot (DVT) you may have redness and swelling in that leg. it will also be warm to the touch and possibly tender. If you have a history of clots, have been on a trip and sitting for a period of time (ex. car ride) you should see your doctor to be sure, there are non-invasive tests they can do to determine if you have one or not.

    Answer by jennybear2383 at 12:31 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.