PLEASE LOOK AT THIS...

My son is 6 months old and he gets this about once a week or so I'm talking about the very red blochy face. He ate carrots for the first time last night. Is it teething or is it an allergic reaction? It happened when I fed him peaches (after 2 weeks) and sweet potatoes (after a week) so I'm taking these foods out of his diet but is it just teething? He acts fine. It' dry too (his face) and he doesn't have it anywhere else but his chin, cheeks and upper lip. Please let me know what you think. Thank you.

http://i37.tinypic.com/j08ui1.jpg%22%20border=%220%22%20alt=%22Image%20and%20video%20hosting%20by%20TinyPic%22%3E%3C/a%3E

ktinaza

Asked by ktinaza at 10:12 PM on Oct. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Look like teething cheeks to me. My son's face got the same exact way for months... and still does when he is going to get another tooth,
    This is a link to one of my son's pictures: http://www.cafemom.com/photos/view.php?photo_id=12385069&ct=mine
    I think it looks the same
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:22 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Just copy the link and paste it and it will take you to the picture, thanks
    ktinaza

Answer by ktinaza at 10:18 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I would try and help you but my laptop is being a pain. Sorry.
    mommyofJames08

Answer by mommyofJames08 at 10:23 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Thank you I really wish someone would let me know it really concerns me as a first time mom. Thank you for trying though. :(
    ktinaza

Answer by ktinaza at 10:25 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• i have that all over my hands an arms. mine is due to skin irritations. to me it doesnt look like he is allergic to the food but im not a dr. maybe try an cut out the food for a short amount of time an see if it goes away. if it does then it might have been the food if it doesnt then maybe his skin is just ultra sensitive :) good luck! hes super cute by the way!
    akalei

Answer by akalei at 10:32 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• My laptop worked! It could be anything though. Maybe he is getting to warm and it is a heat rash? Are you using a new soap in the bath? Or like you said he may be having a reaction to new foods. Try taking them out of his diet for a week or so and then give it to him only with other foods that you know he is ok with. Then just watch to see if it comes back. But if it really worries you that much you could always take him to the doctor.
    mommyofJames08

Answer by mommyofJames08 at 10:34 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• My son gets like that when he gets heat rash. His cheeks get really red.
    Anonymous

• Thank you everyone. Let me know any other opinions. Maybe it is heat rash he was in long sleeves today and we were outside for 2 hours doing a yard sale. i thought it was cold out though but maybe he was to bundled up. hmmm..
    ktinaza

Answer by ktinaza at 10:48 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Really cannot tell fromt he photo. But the first step is always to determine what changed and change it back.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:31 PM on Oct. 3, 2009