Any suggestions on what to do with a 2yr old in house?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 PM on Oct. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• what do you mean?
    Anonymous

• bake brownies/cookies together, teach him his letters and numbers, build towers with legos, coloring books, paint with finger paint, pudding, or yes, even shaving cream, roll a ball back and forth to each other, there is lots to do, you just gotta be creative.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:33 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• what activities
    Anonymous

• When my youngest was a toddler I got her a leggo set that was huge with a construction hat. We used to build animals on top of the hat and he'd wear it around. And we'd build bridges with them taller than her plus we'd try to make it taller than her older brother and sister.

Get a laundry basket and play basket ball. Play fifty two pick up and clean up the house with ds.
    Get refridgerator letters to make words by him while you cook. Tons of things. When I had only my oldest, sometmes I'd put him in the playpen while I was cooking to keep him in one place and he was ok with that. He knew it wasn't long and there were special supper playpen toys.

lfl

Answer by lfl at 10:39 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• My 18 month old son loves Dora and Blues Clues and big Leggos and Wood blocks and I take him outside on the swing- put a jacket on him. We blow bubbles and he loves a bath - I put boats and cups in the tub and we go for a stroller walk in nice weather. Books r good. Give him to Dad to wrestle or tickle for daddy time. Playdo if he doesnt eat it.
    Anonymous

• Make a fort under the table put toys there, put toys in laundry basket.
    Anonymous

• well what i do with dd is i teach her i go on websitites and find printouts for her to color with letters,shapes, numbers, she palys with her toys watches movies. we also play online.pbskids.org and fisherprice.com. we also like starfall.com. we color,paint. play hide and sekk. there is just sooooooooooooo much too do. i try to do activities that teach her alot. thats why she know her abc, colors shapes and numbers 1-20.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:27 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• It has been raining in my neck of the woods for the last 5 days... something new I found out this evening (it kept my son entertained for almost an hour) was playing with a flashlight.

I made a small fort with blankets over it and gave him a small light (the kind that comes in a took kit). I showed him how to make the circle ofl light bigger and smaller and also what happens when you hold your fingers on top of the light... hew as hooked.
    Aside from a few squinty eyes, it was a very relaxing and entertaining hour for us. I hope he is still into it tomorrow:)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• They love cars, motorcycles, play dough, dolls, etc. The list goes on. If you have a big box, they always love those.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 1:51 AM on Oct. 4, 2009