Description of Jesus in the Bible?

I know Jesus isn't white and he probably didn't have long hair, but what I would like to know is if there is a description of Jesus in the Bible.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 PM on Oct. 3, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Well we know he was middle eastern (specifically Jewish) so he more than likely had dark (olive) skin, dark curly hair and dark eyes. Also, he was a carpenter, so he was probably well built. We also know he had a beard because the Bible talks of the Roman soldiers pulling out his beard.

abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 10:35 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Wow...pp...Jesus sounds hot!!!
    Anonymous

• how dumb. PP
    Anonymous

• Why is it dumb? He does sound attractive, doesn't he? Olive skin, dark curly hair, well built??? I'm not trying to be disrespectful..why is it dumb to think Jesus could have been good looking?
    Anonymous

• its dumb for you to slobber over an internet post.
    Anonymous

• not slobbering :) lol. takes a little more than a typed description for that.
    Anonymous

• your acting like a slobbering teenager

does anyone have an actual answer?

Is there a description of Jesus in the Bible.

thanks to the for the one response that was serious.
    Anonymous

• Isaiah 53:1-3

Who has believed our message
    and to whom has the arm of the LORD
    been revealed?
    He grew up before him like a tender
    shoot,
    and like a root out of dry ground,
    He had no beauty or majesty to attract us
    to him,
    nothing in his appearance that we
    should desire him.
    He was despised and rejected by men.
    a man of sorrows, and familiar with
    suffering.
    Like one from whom men hide their faces
    he was despised, and we esteemed him
    not.
    Anonymous

• The descript of Jesus during His lifetime:"He had no form or comeliness that we should look at Him, and no beauty that we should desire Him. He was despised and rejected by men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief; and as one from whom men hide their faces He was despised, and we esteemed Him not" (Isaiah 53:2-3 RSV)"He had to be made like His brethren in every respect" (Hebrews 2:17 RSV)The appearance of Jesus after His ascension is now very different:"Then I turned to see the voice that was speaking to me, and on turning I saw seven golden lampstands, and in the midst of the lampstands one like a son of man, clothed with a long robe and with a golden girdle round His breast; His head and His hair were white as white wool, white as snow; His eyes were like a flame of fire, His feet were like burnished bronze, refined as in a furnace, and His voice was like the sound of many waters; COUNTINUED
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 12:12 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• in His right hand He held seven stars, from His mouth issued a sharp two-edged sword, and His face was like the sun shining in full strength. When I saw Him, I fell at His feet as though dead. But He laid His right hand upon me, saying, "Fear not, I am the first and the last, and the Living One; I died, and behold I am alive for evermore, and I have the keys of Death and Hades." (Revelation 1:12-18 RSV)
    Considering where he was born i would guess he looked like a jew or arabic person. brown-black hair, brown eyes olive skin.. unsure
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 12:15 AM on Oct. 4, 2009