what should a 2 year old know?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:37 PM on Oct. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• just turned 2 or closer to 3? just turned 2, to point out colors, shapes and animals. about to turn 3, to say the colors shapes and animals and point them out, to count to 5 or 10, abc's, to point out the letters and numbers. that is just my opinion though, not something from a doc
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:40 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Every child is different and learns at their own pace, so that's a tough question to answer in my opinion.
    MansfieldMomma

Answer by MansfieldMomma at 10:41 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Every child is diffrent u cant compare- u can ask ur doc for a timeline to use- like mine told me babies walk btw. 12-18 months and they dont worry until the 19 month if they are not walking yet, so ask the doc.
    Anonymous

• How to be cute.
    How to give kisses.
    How to brighten your day.
    Maybe to say "love you"
    Anonymous

• Watch Sesame street, thats for ages 2-- 8 , in day care they tought my friends daughter " I'm a little tea pot". her little girl has that down pat.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 10:56 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• depends on how long they've been 2, what you've been teaching him, what he watches (like my son watches educational shows that help him with his letters, ect) he's 2 1/2 and recognizes some letters, counts to 20, but only recognizes some numbers, he knew some basic shapes, i recently started "homeschooling" him though so he knows octogon now. we're also working what what sounds the letters make, months, dates, days of the week, feelings, colors. don't freak out if everything is one color for him/her. it's normal. about 2 months ago, everything was green for my son. now everything is blue. lol.

but like everyone said, every kid is different and learns at their own pace
    Anonymous

• every child is different. my dd is 31 mts she knows her shapes,colors, numbers 1-20, her abc, she can make animal noises, she recognizes animals. she has a great vicab. but again every child is different
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:24 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Like all the moms here said, every kid is different, my is 2 1/2 and she can talk your ears out :-) she has a really good vocabulary, and like "Ano 10:49 pm" said, she brightens my day, when she tells me " I love you" and "Mommy I'm so glad I'm here with you" to me that is music to my ears. and makes her the smartest kid in the whole world :-)
    cholita1978

Answer by cholita1978 at 8:52 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• A 2 year old should know about 50 words and be starting to use 2-3 word phrases.

Other than that...they should know how to play and have fun, how to push your buttons and drive you crazy sometimes, how to be a cute little toddler.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 9:02 AM on Oct. 4, 2009