Did you get married young and sometimes feel like you wish you would have waited until you were a little older

kira25

Asked by kira25 at 3:00 AM on Jun. 24, 2008 in Relationships

• Yws, I am 24 years old and my husband is 41 we have been together and married for about 5 years now and att imes i do feel i wish i waited but then again i couldnt ask for a better husband : )
    demonfairy23

Answer by demonfairy23 at 3:33 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Honestly, no. I'm 22 years old and my husband is 26. We married when I was 21 and have been together since I was 19. I just really can't imagine my life, and don't WANT to imagine my life, with anyone else. We love each other whole-heartedly and have one handsome son together and one little girl on the way.

I do, however, think it's very common for those who get married young to second guess their relationship. Especially if they are going through some difficult times. But the issues you have in your relationship right now would still be there even if you hadn't gotten married (more than likely) or they would have presented themselves later if you had waited. You can't live in the past, every decision you've made in your life has brought you to the point that you're at today and has made you the person that you are.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 7:00 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I got married when I was 20 and do not regret it at all!!! I was ready to get married, I had no desire to "sow my wild oats" and almost 13 years later I still don't.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 8:02 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• yes def. I got married at age 21. too young. moved out of my parents house to my first husbands wish I would have gone away to school and lived on my own a little first
    lynn63042

Answer by lynn63042 at 8:49 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• i DID marry young - the first time - and it turned out to be a huge mistake so YES i sure do wish i'd waited. on the other hand, i got out while i was still young enough to find someone else, so it all worked well in the end... but i had to go through a lot of garbage that i really wish i didn't.
    anniekelleher

Answer by anniekelleher at 8:53 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Yes!!!! I got married at age 16. We've been married for 25 years & I was just thinking recently that I've really lost who I wanted to be & who I am during those years. What were my dreams? I don't even remember anymore. I don't know what age is a good age to get married, but 16 was definitely WAY too young.
    2tallmom

Answer by 2tallmom at 11:15 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I got married a month before I turned 17 and have been married for 31 yrs. There are things I would change that have gone on in the marriage but I would still get married when I did and to who I did.
    Beverely

Answer by Beverely at 6:42 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• NO. IVE BEEN WITH MY HUBBY SINCE WE WERE 18 AND WE GOT MARRIED AT 20 WE ARE NOW 25 AND WE/HE IS GREAT! I LOVE HIM AND HE SHOWS THAT HE LOVES ME TOO! :) ~KAY
    KAYOCHOA

Answer by KAYOCHOA at 7:52 PM on Jun. 27, 2008