just curious about the age of todder with potty chair..

My 15 month old girl has been letting me know if she needs to poop and i would put her on the big toliet because i didnt buy her potty chair for the last few weeks... she would poop in toliet but she wont pee in the toliet... so today about two hours ago, she tried for the potty chair for the first time she peed in there.. i was sooo proud of her! only 15 months old! How old was yours when became potty trained?

tiggerneeyore

Asked by tiggerneeyore at 10:40 PM on Oct. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• She is too young to be really potty trained. She may go sometimes in the potty. Some kids don't potty train until they are 3.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:46 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Don't let Gailll the bitter old bat ruin your happy moment. That being said.

I think its great that your 15 month old is going in the potty. This is a HUGE deal. You should be really proud.

My DD is only 6 months old but I figured I would tell you how great it is that your daughter is going in the potty.
    sopheeahsmommy

Answer by sopheeahsmommy at 10:56 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I've noticed Gailll is always so negative! Maybe it's a jealousy issue...

Anyway......

Congratulations! That's awesome! That must be a great feeling!
    Anonymous

• lucky you,mine was done at 2 1/2 and i started at 22 months,the whole thing sucked,but ofcourse i didnt know my son couldnt have vitamin d milk so i actually wasted 4 momths thinking he just didnt have the poop down,but as soon as i switched him he got the poop down,but he was pretty much backwards than yours he had the pee down the first month,congrats mom you must be so proud :)
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 11:04 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• congrats momma!! dont worry about gaill she si bitter. anyways congrats on your dd learning to use the potty. now taht being said dont get dissapointed if all of a sudden stops is k. my dd was 18 mts when she was ready then she didnt feel like it for about a month and then she wanted too she was fully potty train by 24mts
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:22 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Congrats!!!! That is amazing! My dd is 22 mos and she tells me right after she goes but we are waiting until daddy gets home from deployment and we get settled into being a family again (he's been gone 15 mos) then we will potty train her. We tried at 18 mos but she would only go when we were at the store... never at home! You're dd is doing very well and you should be VERY proud of her (which it sounds like you are :) )! It's always soooo exciting!!!! And yes, ignore Gailll.... every kid develps different things at different times meaning they can be early as well!!! Congrats mama!!!!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 7:48 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• I'm with those who say to ignore the first poster she NEVER has anything positive to add to a post with that said.. Yay congrats!! It's possible she is ready to be trained however it is also possible that she may go for awhile, stop and then go again when she's ready. My son was 2 1/2 when he was peeing in the potty and nearly 4 when he was finally pooping. So yay, here's to hoping she keeps with it:) Just be sure to praise her everytime she makes an effort.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 9:18 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Yes i am soo proud of her!!! Thank you so much all of you!!! Thanks for the advices! It is alot of fun doing that with her.. teaching her things.. My mom taught my other daughter when she was two, shes ten years old now.. lol time went fast.. With my first I was clueless about it and was in a bad realionship, always depressed... I m glad to have a second chance to potty train with my other daughter... Anyway Thanks so much!!!
    tiggerneeyore

Answer by tiggerneeyore at 11:07 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• that's cool! DD was trained at 18 months, and i thought that was amazing. DS is almost 15 months and i don't think he'll be ready that early.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 4:16 PM on Oct. 4, 2009