Potty Training

How old did you start potty training?

CassCass

Asked by CassCass at 10:46 PM on Oct. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• my dd was ready at 18mts, thats when she stared showing signs, she was fully potty train by 24 mts
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:31 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• My oldest is ASD he started at age 2 and was fully trained by age 5. My 2nd did not potty train until he was 4, and he was trained in a week. My youngest is 3 and shows no interest in the potty - yet.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:56 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I bought my son a potty seat a little while after he turned one...we never really pushed it just when he wanted to sit on it he did. We started really trying this past june and he is now 2 1/2 and hasn't had a poopy diaper in months...he still wears pull ups when we leave the house during the day...and diapers at bed time..he doesn't have the pee thing down yet. Hopefull by the time he is 3!
    jennybear2383

Answer by jennybear2383 at 12:19 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• My oldest didn't potty train until after she was 3. My youngest DD is potty trained now and she's about 2 and a half. She goes in public - she just tells me she has to go. She doesn't wear diapers or pull-ups. She may get a little poop in her panties before she gets to the toilet but she's working on it. She gets upset when that happens. I didn't push her. I DID bribe her with candy for a day or two - her older sister (who is 6) got candy too so she (my oldest) would help my youngest if they were upstairs and I was downstairs. She'd walk her into the bathroom and make sure she was seated and then call me. LOL, but it helped my youngest potty train so quick. I didn't MAKE or even ASK my oldest to do this though - she just DID it to be helpful. I give her partial potty-training credit. :-D

Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 3:48 AM on Oct. 4, 2009