Coloring...

Is it ok to let my 9 month old color?? Im watching her do it. So she isn't sitting there doing it alone...but its not going to hurt her is it??

Amanduh87

Asked by Amanduh87 at 11:00 PM on Oct. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• lol...no it wont hurt her. Just keep an eye on her as crayons usually end up in the mouth
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 11:01 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• why would it hurt her?!
    Anonymous

• yeah its ok buy the washable crayons just in case one day she wants to color something else,lol
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 11:06 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I really liked those crayola toddler doodle thingys that make it easy for them to hold. My son was way more interested in markers because he didn't have to push on them as much.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 11:25 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• LOL, no, just be careful she doesn't try to eat the crayons.
    Swingkid511

Answer by Swingkid511 at 11:49 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• i have a funny story about crayons. I was at a meeting for work one day when my oldest daughter was very young ( betweeen 8 to 10 months) Anyway everyone was aloud to bring their kids that day and they had a table set up for them with crayons and coloring books. Later on that day I changed her diaper finding a perfectly in tact orange crayola crayon in her diaper. I called the Dr. and he said not to worry that they are non-toxic. Just thought I would share that with you. I guess it would be ok if she has fun doing it, just watch her or you'll be finding crayons in her diaper lol
    LolaD

Answer by LolaD at 11:57 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• As long as you're watching for her to eat them, she's fine :) My mom said that I ate a couple crayons even though she was watching me like a hawk when I was about that age (she has no idea how she didn't notice me eating them...I was sneaky, lol) and my diaper was technicolored the next day, LOL! Make sure they're non-toxic, though :) I have some of my daughter's pictures from when she was really little...I love looking back at the colorful scribbles!
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 12:38 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• When i worked at a daycare and we would let the 1 year olds color I made big round crayons that worked great. Take all the broken up crayons and put them in a muffin tin with cupcake liners. Fill them pretty good, all different colors in each one. I do not remember what to bake them on or for how long but it made great big round crayons that were easy to hold and did all sorts of colors. They also last a long time this way. I am sure if you do a search engine, it can tell you how long and what temp to cook them
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 3:56 AM on Oct. 4, 2009