Do you throw away your panties after a period?

If you accidentally bleed on your underwear do you throw them away? Do you wash them and not care if they're stained (not like anyone's gonna see it)? Do you work really hard to get the stains out but refuse to trash them? Do blood stained underwear bother you?

jus1jess

Asked by jus1jess at 11:05 PM on Oct. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Depends on how bad they are stained and if it's one of my better pairs or not. usually I have some undies that I only wear during that time of the month that I don't care if they get stained or they already are. Once they get too bad I trash them though. there are only so many times you can ruin a pair of undies before it's time to trash them lol.
    Anonymous

• I toss em if the stain doesn't come out.
    Anonymous

• soak in oxyclean and it most likely comes out. If not, they are for sleeping during period.
    Anonymous

• I don't wear my nicer panties during that time so if they get stained it's no biggee, but I toss em if they do...eww, maybe no one will ever see em but me, but I matter most!
    Anonymous

• I bought a bunch of black pair and wear them during my period that way you can see the stains, if they happen, my periods have been so bad lately!!!! THANK GOD FOR BLACK UNDIES!!!!
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 11:11 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• if i bleed in them and i am at home or on my way home i take them off and run them under icy cold water...it gets A LOT of the blood out, then depending on how much is left, put some stain remover on them or just toss 'em in the washer and if they keep the stain, they are now the "period underwear" lol and b/c of an ocd thing i guess, they have a special place in my drawer lol WAAAY in the BACK!!!
    danette624

Answer by danette624 at 11:19 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I had never even heard or thought about it till I read this. I never really worried about it. If I want to turn DH on, I don't wear any so its not like its a turn off for him, and I am way more worried about other things than if my panties are stained.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 11:20 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Around the time that my daughter was born, I bought a pack of "granny panties", and they have become my "period panties" (especially at night). My husband says that if he reaches over in the night and feels the "big undies", then he knows we are just going to sleep. LOL
    EternalChild86

Answer by EternalChild86 at 11:34 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I rinse them if they get blood on them. If there is a noticeable stain, then I'd probably toss them. I have bunch of granny panties leftover from my pregnancy that I usually wear during that time of the month, so it's not that big of a deal if they get stained and I have to toss them.
    Anonymous

• murphy's oil soap gets blood stains out
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 11:58 PM on Oct. 3, 2009