Am I the only one who's house is only clean AFTER everyone goes to bed?

I mean seriously! toys all over the floor, dishes in the dishwasher, food on the dining room floor (even after sweeping and swiffing 3-4 times a day) dirty laundry, and then after the kids are in bed is when it gets done and the house clean, just for me to go to bed, and start all over in the morning. really, is there even a purpose??

ok, sorry, just had to vent...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 PM on Oct. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• Nope, once DS is in bed, its MY time!
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 11:16 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I know how you feel. Cleaning while you still have small kids at home is like shoveling the walk while it's still snowing outside :p. I do enough to keep me sane and keep the house presentable (for the most part, though people seem to always show up when it's the ONE day I don't clean!).

Your'e not alone! lol.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:19 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• nope my house is the same way. i do some laundry and some dishes during the day but don't get them put away or folded til after the kids are in bed. the 3 yr old always wants to "help" and the 4 mo old ends up crying or hungry halfway through. so its pointless
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:24 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I sweep and mop once they are i bed, but I try to do everything else during the day.
    Anonymous

• i do most of my cleaning at night. usually around 10pm..the other night i got off my couch to do a load of laundry and the next thing i knew 3 hours had passed and i had cleaned everything!!! it was awesome!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:00 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Nope I do most of my stuff after everyone goes to bed. I prefer to do it while people aren't HERE.

My favorite times is when I can put in my iPod and just clean and listen to music. Once I cleaned SO thoroughly but I still wasn't ready to stop listening to my music. Lol, I was LOOKING for things to clean. That rarely happens.
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 1:20 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• i do most of my cleaning while the kids are sleeping. that way it stays clean for more than 5 minutes.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 1:30 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• I do the same thing! It's easier that way... and then in the morning I can look and feel better about what I did! :) I know, it's monotonous and never ending.... but it needs to get done somehow!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 7:59 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• is there even a purpose??

Yes, LOL. Skip a day and then you will see why you do it. LOL My LO's distroy the house everyday. Every once in a while I think it would be nice to take a day off (you know, like DH gets LOL). I regret it EVERY time. LOL

Amber115

Answer by Amber115 at 12:32 PM on Oct. 4, 2009