Is This Normal?

My DD was watching TV tonight & this girl started playing Twinkle Twinkle. I sing this to my DD every night before bed. My DD noticed the song & started singing, not words (shes only 15 mo) just the notes, but it was obviously the same song. But my question is about my reaction. I was so proud of her singing this song that I started to get teary eyed...is that normal?! I'm already at odds with how strong my emotions are towards her (affection wasnt shown in my family growing up) & now I'm crying when she does something good?! I'm so very confused! Has something like this ever happened to you?

Also, music is a very big part of both mine & DH's family life, so that may be a contributing factor.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 PM on Oct. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i was in target walking through the store one day, my daughter screams out hey mommy looks and sings her abc's i cried walking through target! i was soo proud of her and the fact that she recognized the alphabet than sang it! its pride and a good thing, it means your kids will get more emotion from you than you did from your parents.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:26 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I think it's really sweet! I almost cried when my son counted to ten for the first time. I think that you're just so shocked and proud at the same time that you can't keep from crying. It sounds like she'll be a talented little girl if she's already listening so closely to music that she can replicate pitches.
    Momincollege23

Answer by Momincollege23 at 11:22 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• yep, normal! lol we went to this petting zoo farm thing and my dd kept asking to feed the "poor little goats" because "they're starving to death mama" i just cried b/c she was so worried about the goats
    Anonymous

• My boys are 17, 20 & 27, and they can still make me tear up when they learn something new, or do something considerate. These are the people we love most in the world, and what could be more normal than to be touched by what they do........I think that's what makes a mom loving and nurturing. You're off to a great start!

By the way, I think what you're daughter did was pretty sweet too......
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:45 PM on Oct. 3, 2009