Bra wearing

My five year old will be six in jan. She asked tonight if she could wear a bra. She is very thin and doesnt need anything like that. The problem is her 7 year old and nine year cousins do wear them. I was just wondering if their is an alternative so she could feel more grown up. She just wants to be like her cousins. I told her she couldnt wear one yet but I just want her to feel special.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 PM on Oct. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• maybe a sports style training bra? or a cami style tank top underneath her shirts.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:22 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• They have bra panty combos with cartoons on them at walmart I bought them for my girls because they wanted to be big girls and hey they will get to that point of having to wear them so I think it's good pratice.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 11:31 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• yeah i agree with vabchmommy that would probley do the trick, or those little cotton triangle ones that have no padding or wires....just elastic and the triangle part is shapped like a bikini top
    danette624

Answer by danette624 at 11:33 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• OMG...that is so young! I imagine if they really feel left out it's okay to indulge with the things the pp wrote...it just seems funny to me! I don't think I wore a real training bra until I was 10..and I developed earlier than most kids my age!
    I guess times are changing?

Anonymous

• Maybe help her find a cute undershirt.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 12:47 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• I used wear the tank when I didnt need a bra yet. Also i think you can find little bras like that for little tiny girls. I am pretty sure they are just to be "like mommy" ya know?
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 1:04 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• My lil girl is six. She really want one too. How crazy is this???? They are babies??? So, when we went school shopping: I let her pick out those tshirt bras. Some come with princesses or spongebob.ect. But she can wear them under her clothes. Although, she does wear them around the house also. Pick some of those up!! Or even try the tshirts. But you are NOT alone in this one. Im rite here with ya!!!
    SylviasMommy

Answer by SylviasMommy at 2:12 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• You know what it is...they see us with them or older siblings or older cousins or aunts and they want to do it too. My daughter wants a bra. I told her when she is 7 I will get her the sports bra looking ones. It's just she sees me, my mom, my SILs, and my sister, she just wants to feel apart of that special group of bra wearers. But you know, I learned something when I was like 9. My friend's mom used to tell me all the time about wearing a bra, because her mom never made them wear one, and now she hates them.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 3:10 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• i got my period when i was 9...the only 4th grader to have one in my school....i had to wear a bra and my the 5th grade i was a 36 b...now i am a 38 d...so every child is different...i would let her only wear the bra at home.....
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 8:56 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Don't let her grow up too fast. Tell her that she will get a bra when she is ready.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:31 AM on Oct. 4, 2009