What are the good books out there?

I am in need of a good book. My husband will be away for training for 30 days and I usually engross myself in some book or series. I am a HUGE twilight fan, but have read the series atleast 1o times. It's getting a little unhealthy LOL I like some vampire stuff, but not stupid life of a teenage vampire books. I've seen those. I've read all the Charlaine Harris Sookie Stackhouse novels ( True Blood) and I'm not sure if I want to read them again. I like Love stories, HAPPY ONES! I was crying the whole time while I read a few of Nicholas Sparks, they made me sad. So I don't want to go there. I like some romance novels, I have a few of the Julia Quinn Historical Romance novels. I like them. I just wanted a few ideas if anyone has any. Has anyone read the book, Where the Wild things are? Is that a kids book. Oh and I don't do Harry Potter, I don't like to read about magic. It scares me LOL I'm such a baby LOL Thanks

aebrown

Asked by aebrown at 11:23 PM on Oct. 3, 2009 in About CafeMom

• Have you tried any Sherrilyn Kenyon books?
    Anonymous

• If you like historical romance, Linda Lael Miller is really good. So is Connie Mason.
    Anonymous

• No, what are they about ?
    aebrown

Answer by aebrown at 11:26 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• The books I read by Sherrilyn Kenyon was about the Greek Gods. She also has other books and stories out. Like My Big Fat Supernatural Wedding, which is short stories by a few different writters.
    Anonymous

• I have a few! Elizabeth Haydon writes a series called The Symphony of Ages series and it's incredible. My daughter is even named after her main character. Jacqueline Carey writes Kushiel's Legacy series and it's got a very central love story. The second three books are very VERY sad, but they're worth it, because they're so good. Brent Weeks writes the Night Angel trilogy and it's really good (but also very sad). Terry Goodkind wrote the Sword of Truth series and it has long been my favorite.

I also just started reading Jim Butcher's Dresden Files and it was good, but kind of more in the horror vein... it scared the shit out of me :p

I'll give you a brief synopsis of the first of all the books if you want :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:32 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Thanks, for the idea. I looked up her website. It sounds interesting. I love books that are written in 1st person. It makes you feel like you are there. I've always had a liking for Greek Gods. Woohoo! Now I have a long list of books I can read! Thanks again!
    aebrown

Answer by aebrown at 11:32 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Ati 13 sure ya, I'm interested!
    aebrown

Answer by aebrown at 11:33 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Okay... Elizabeth Haydon's first is called Rhapsody. It's about a young woman who is kidnapped and finds herself on the other side of the world and 1000 years in the future. The love story is not so central in the first one, it's more about what the new world is like, how they came to be there and developing the characters (which are really awesome).

Jacqueline Carey's first is about a young woman who is basically a prostitute (it's hard to explain... it's part of the culture in the book and it's supposed to be a sacred calling). She's a special prosititue, though... she's basically a masochist (so the sex scenes get a little stomach turning sometimes). But during the course of her work she uncovers a plot to overthrow her kingdom and so she has to rescue her country. The love story is a little... distant in the first three, but the second three it's not

CONT
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:37 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Anonymous 2, Connie Mason sounds pretty good! MhMMMM LOL Yummy
    aebrown

Answer by aebrown at 11:39 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I mean the man in one of her books ha ha
    aebrown