is it possible to teach yourself to read at one and a half?

like not just small books,but actual books? novels? i have a friend who says she did, and i'm not trying to bash her or anything i'm just seriously asking!

loves_her_baby

Asked by loves_her_baby at 11:29 PM on Oct. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I've heard of it happening. A baby that's read to could learn to recognize the words, or possibly memorize the book.
    My daughter had the school fooled for months on her reading. She has an awesome memory and I told the teacher to flip two pages instead of one and to cover the picture on the page cause I did that by mistake at home and found out my daughter couldn't read nearly as well as I thought.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 11:44 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I don't know at that young.. but before i was in preschool i self-taught myself to read, i must have because there is no way my alcoholic neglectful POS parents taught me how.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Oct. 4, 2009