How do I tell my ex he has a son now?

I found out I was pregnant back in December. I told my boyfriend when I found out that I might be pregnant by my ex. Deciding to tell my ex that I was pregnant, but of course he was in denial about me being pregnant. My boyfriend didn't want me to have anything to do with my ex after that, and said he'd raise my son as his own no matter who his father is! I had my son in September giving him my boyfriends last name. I recently just had a DNA test done proving that my ex is my son's father. What is the best way to go about telling him now?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 PM on Oct. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• have him meet you for lunch
    Anonymous

• Is your BF on the BC? If so, you have landed yourself in a pickle. I am kind of wondering what is up here. Your ex wants nothing to do with you, the baby, you find a man who will take responsibility for the kid, and you are draggin the ex back into this. While I applaud your honesty, i get the impression there is a lot more to it that the little you posted.

I am a dad's rights person, but there seems to be more here. Are you still pining for your ex? is your BF a rebound, and you no longer want him to raise your son? Not bashing, just asking.

As for telling your ex, since he has denied everything from the time you told him you were pregnant, send him an email and a cert RR letter informing him of his child, along with a copy of the DNA results. He must know something is up, since you got his DNA to compare.

What is your ultimate goal here?
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 11:52 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I don't think you should tell him.I think it would only break your BF's and baby's heart.There has to be a reason that he is your ex.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 11:55 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Are you still with the guy on the B/C? He's made it clear he wants to be the childs father and the father's made it clear he doesn't... so why not put in the baby book who the blood father is, and who the "Daddy" is.
    But if you're determined to tell him... send him a picture of the child and tell him that it is his child and he's welcome to do a DNA.
    BUT you put another man's name on the B/C so that's going to cause some major problems. What do you want from the man? Child support? He's not going to pay it without making you change the birth certificate, DNA, visitation etc but may sign over all rights but what's the point when he's not listed anywhere.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 12:08 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• if you told him you were preggo and your man is "daddy" then no need to go back and tell him, he knows its a possibility and if he wants to know he can find you , otherwise be happy that you have a great man now and leave it alone
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 12:44 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• TROLL!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• that was not a wise decision lying on the b/c. i bet that comes back to bite u in the behind when u break up with bf
    Anonymous

• how did you get your ex's dna for a dna test and he doesn't know it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:06 AM on Oct. 5, 2009