What are your honest opinions of the Duggar family?

While I do admire Mr. and Mrs. Duggar to a certain extent, some of their methods seem to be a bit much.

EternalChild86

Asked by EternalChild86 at 11:36 PM on Oct. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I know one thing is for sure, they are too happy ALL THE TIME? Did you see the episode where she was in labor and was taking the contractions like a champ? Could not be me lol.
    LolaD

Answer by LolaD at 11:39 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• i think it's awesome that they're debt free but i do think they have WAY too many kids, they wouldn't have to get hand me downs or consignment shop clothes if they only had maybe 2 or 3 kids lol
    Anonymous

• I think they're a very nice family. I kinda feel bad, though... you can't possibly give all those kids the individual attention they deserve. I think that they've got some things to teach us about time budgeting and being frugal, though!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:50 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• i think its wrong!! absolutely, completely wrong!! i feel so sorry for those children, they do not get the quality one on one time they deserve. they have to live off of hand me downs. when ya have one or two kids and ya live off hand me downs, fine...but when you have 18+ kids thats just cruel, and unfair!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:55 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Anonymous

• I think they are pretty entertaining when there's nothing else on tv, lol :) They seem like a genuinely nice, loving, family. Even though i think their lifestyle is a little weird in general, I do admire them for their ability to handle all those kids without cursing or seriously neglecting any of them! My dad's family is catholic so there were a lot of kids born to poor working class parents for generations, and i personally think it's possible for all the kids to get enough attention and love! Especially since the older siblings often take a caregiver's role in some areas and seem to enjoy it :)
    RenaudN

Answer by RenaudN at 11:58 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• ps. whats wrong with hand-me-downs? i have awesome parents and we wore hand me downs a lot, my parents had to be frugal and all of us kids grew up happy and strong with a sense of humor! i think it helps ppl grow up realizing that there are more important things in life than new clothes and toys.
    RenaudN

Answer by RenaudN at 12:01 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• I think they are selfish and having kids for their own self gratification. They continue to reproduce so they get lots of attention. Who looses? The kids.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:05 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• who cares
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• My husband thinks that their huge family is a form of child abuse. He is like "how can you pay attention to your kid if you're having another baby a few months later..."
    They do seem to love all of their children and provide a safe environment for them... other than that- I don't know. The mom is always pretty happy though.

As for taking contractions like a champ- by the 10th or 15th time around, I think you'd have the hang of it- or perhaps the womb is just quivvering (because it doesn't have to work very hard to get the baby out).
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 12:21 AM on Oct. 4, 2009