Is dating worth it or not?

Here's the deal. I went on like 2 dates in high school before I meet my soon to be ex husband. We got married a year later and now 5 years later it's over. I had a really good guy friend from high school that I have recently started talking to. I think that we could have something in the future. I have always loved him but kinda let him slip away. The thing is I always feel like I missed out on the dating. But if we have a chance at a relationship I don't want to miss it again. Maybe if I'm with the right person I won't miss the dating?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 PM on Oct. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• I'm married for the second time.second time is way better than the first.but I'm at a point that the only man I truely need in my life is my son.Not that I don't love my husband.But it isn't unconditional as it is for my son.I wouldn't date again.I'd be a happy spinster.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 11:53 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• I think dating is a really good idea before getting involved in another relationship. I married the guy I dated my senior year of high school, got married at 19, and divorced 5 years later. I got in another relationship soon after, but a year later ended up breaking up, and started dating. I didn't really want a relationship then. I had so much fun, but I also learned how many different people there were out there, and when I finally met the right one.....3 years later, I knew it. I also don't feel like I missed out on anything now. Even if you date this guy, he knows you just got out of a marriage, tell him you really like him, but need some time before getting into another relationship. Take time to get to know who you really are on your own. It's really good.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:19 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• I say dating is awesome and i loved dating before i met my husband but i didn't have a child. I think the rules change and i'm not sure that i would if anything happened in my current relationship. Like the other lady said my son is the only man i need in my life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Oct. 4, 2009