Can you give me an example of "everything happens for a reason" in your life?

Like u were sick and didn't go to school and there was a shooting, or you left your husband and he ended up being a killer etc.

dennysgirl07

Asked by dennysgirl07 at 11:54 PM on Oct. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• IDK, girl, lol, if everything happens for a reason then why do I have cancer and suffering so much pain in front of my child? On the other side of the coin I jave been close to being seriusoly injured in an accident, murdered by a disgruntled boyfriend and another occasion when I worked at L.A. Intl' Airport. before they built the 105 freeway I had to take interstate 10, 30 miles to work. My friend kept telling me to use the 105 to take 10 miles off of my drive but I feared driving somewhere unfamiliar. The one day I decide to put my big girl panties on and go ahead and try out this new freeway, we get hit by the big Northridge quake! Scary part is, the section of the 10 (overpass)that I would have normally been on at that moment, fell apart and dropped 4 stories! Sometimes I think I have skipped these tragedies because I was meant to have my son. I still haven't figured out this cancer part.
    ItsMeGigi69

Answer by ItsMeGigi69 at 12:36 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• i decided not to go to vet school, the weekend i came home i met my dh
    Anonymous

• Truly, there can be many instances like that...not as dramatic, but I once lost a job. And, I met my DH at the new job. Would have I met him any other way? Maybe, or maybe not. We were both very much against dating co-workers. So it is even more meaningful to me.
    PrincesaBoricua

Answer by PrincesaBoricua at 11:57 PM on Oct. 3, 2009

• Do things really happen for a reason.?

Or is it the REASON that things happen?
    Anonymous

• I didn't get a promotion to weekend producer, and then met my husband while out on a Saturday night....when I would've been working had I gotten the promotion.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:00 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• If I had not had the empowering experience of natural childbirth, I would never have triggered something horrible in my "best friend" and she may not have destroyed our friendship, and I might be still tied to her in an unhealthy way. Because of that very painful experience, I am stronger now and healthier now than I was. It was triggered by my empowerment and it allowed me to go to yet another level of empowerment.
    boomamma

Answer by boomamma at 12:00 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• If I hadn't changed schools and majors I never would have met my husband. If my husband hadn't lost his job he wouldn't have gone back to school and found a career he adores. If someone hadn't given him a guitar he wouldn't have discovered how much musical talent he has.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:03 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• If I wouldnt have gone to my friends house and met my ex...I wouldnt have gotten to actually enjoy my last two months of pregnancy....and Learn that I am alot stronger then i thought I was.
    Amanduh87

Answer by Amanduh87 at 12:15 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• My son's father had done something really stupid--and frankly, looking in retrospect, not that big of a deal--I wrote him an email basically telling him to screw off and that I never wanted to see him again. I sent it, and it said sent successfully, but when I looked in my Sent box the message wasnt there. I tried three times to resend that message. Despite the Sent Successfully status, it never appeared in the Sent box and he never got it. Needless to say, we made up after that fight and years later had my beautiful little boy.
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 12:15 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• If we hadnt had our house fire then we wouldnt have moved out to a ranch for 2 years and our 5 year lease on the house wouldnt have been broken by the owner and I wouldnt have gotten so mad that i said Enough is Enough and finally taken the steps to buy a home instead of putting it off like we had been.

3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:17 AM on Oct. 4, 2009