Do you know if egg nog is out yet? im cravying some haha im 25 weeks prego?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It's not out here yet (So Cal) at least not that I've seen. Usually I can find some by Halloween, if not it's always shortly afterward. However, I was told it's a no-no while pregnant due to the eggs. You can ask your OB, but to be safe I'd avoid it for now.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 2:13 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• YUCK! LOL... No I don't think so ;(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• don't think it is yet, normally it doesn't come out til november, some come out earlier if you're lucky. although, if you're pregnant you may want to ask your doc if it's ok to drink it. it's got raw eggs in it so be careful about that, ask your doc just to be sure.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Ohhhh, yeahhh...Ive been seein signs at coffe shops, so it must me out.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 1:55 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Commercially manufactured eggnog is made with pasteurized eggs and has not been linked with salmonella infections, says the CDC. There are also many eggnog recipes available that used cooked eggs, and these would be safe.
    http://www.babycenter.com/404_is-it-safe-to-drink-eggnog-during-pregnancy_10322.bc
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:45 AM on Oct. 4, 2009