how do u know if your gonna have a big baby?

can you tell in like the late 2nd trimester? i mean is your belly really big or does that even matter?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i am huge you can go to my page and check out my baby bump.. im only 25 weeks and the doctor told me that my baby is mearsing big

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 12:23 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• both of mine measured big...when they'd stretch i could feel them in my ribs & crotch (3rd trimester) had my dd @ 37 weeks and she was 9lbs3oz had my son at 36 weeks and he was 8lbs 6oz GL
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:27 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Its pretty hard to guess if your baby is going to be big- especially so early in the pregnancy. Babies put on most of their weight and growth during the last 2 months. I think most women feel like they are going to be having a 10lb baby.... although some do, most babies around 7-8 pounds and 20-22 inches long.

I dont' really know what it means if a dr. tells you that you are measuring big- the due date may be a bit off??? I dont' know.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• No, it doesn't matter.
    :-)
    If you work with your body (and gravity!) in labor to stay upright and moving, it should not be of concern.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:31 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• lol, they thought my son was gonna be over 10 lbs as big as i was, he was 7 lbs 12 oz
    :)
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 12:53 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• At your prenatal check-ups when they measure with the tape measure, when they feel, and by ultrasound.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:00 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Sometimes no one can tell. I measured perfect during my 5th pregnancy, OB and Midwife even thought baby was going to be about 8 1/2 pounds, maybe 9 but no bigger. Turned out he was 10lbs 4oz!

It should not matter. Who cares anyway? A woman will not grow a baby too big to birth.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 2:31 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• i carry my babies big ! my daughter was 8 pounds 13 oz and my son was a week an 6 days late so he was 9 in a half pounds so im expecting this baby to be just as big as my other to kids were !! currently 19 weeks an 6 days due feb 22nd baby number 3 it is a boy !
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 6:44 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• You can't really know until the baby is out. :-)
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 4:48 PM on Oct. 4, 2009

• There is no way to determine the babies size until it is born, Ultrasounds and measurements are just estimations it is not exact.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 9:58 AM on Oct. 5, 2009