Do you think its a cyst?

I had a cyst on my right ovary when I as 12 years old and it came on so suddenly and was so large that my ovary had to be removed. I havent had any problems since then till now. The past few weeks I have had this dull crampy feeling in my lower stomach on the left side. When I move just right I get this pinchy feeling. Has anyone else had this pain before. Do you think it could be another cyst or something else??

joelsmommy

Asked by joelsmommy at 12:41 AM on Oct. 4, 2009 in Health

• it COULD be a cyst, but I would have it checked, it could be a million other things too
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 12:46 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• defnitely have it checked...i just found out a week ago that my left ovary is so overrun with cycst they want it removed...i learned some info from the doc i never knew! he said cycst tend to be thier largest when your in midcycle, and thats when they can burst and cause the most pain....also if your crampy are you bleeding at all or having any spotting...this could be another indication of a burst cycst....he also said MOST times cycst bursting arent harmful, BUT they still should be checked if you think you have one no matter what because if the cycst twists or causes damage to the ovary when it bursts it can cause complications and should be removed asap...so its good to see your doc asap if you feel any cramping or sharp pain in the area where you normally feel menstrual cramps, and its not your cycle time...so based on what this doc told me...call your doc as soon as you can so you can have an ultrasound done...
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 11:28 AM on Oct. 4, 2009

• Your body makes cysts every month so yeah it could be. They usually burst on their own but maybe this one didn't burst.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:32 PM on Oct. 4, 2009